Chapter 643

Chapter 643 Family Affairs, Consort Xian’s Life Experience

It was the desolate season of autumn when the Peony Garden was the most deserted. Fortunately, even though the Peony Garden was famous for peonies, there were also other flowers. Mo Xuetong had especially chosen a pavilion beside a lotus pond to meet with Miss Cai Rong. They had not seen each other for some time and Miss Cai Rong looked good. When she heard Mo Xuetong’s arrival, she hurriedly put down the watering pot in her hand and followed Mo Lan to the waterside pavilion.

Seeing Cai Rong come in, Mo Xuetong politely invited her to take a seat.

While looking at the lotus pond outside the pavilion, the two of them started to chat leisurely.

“Miss Cai Rong, what do you think of the lotus flowers in this pond? How is it compared to the lotus flowers in Jiangnan?” Mo Xuetong asked with a casual smile.

Miss Cai Rong relaxed when she saw that Mo Xuetong did not put on airs. She had been living a good life these days. She did not even dare to think about such a peaceful life in the past, so she was very grateful to Mo Xuetong. Upon hearing her question, she nodded hurriedly and answered, “My Lady, the lotus flowers in this garden are very beautiful. I rarely see such beautiful flowers in my hometown.”

Mo Xuetong turned around and asked gently and sincerely, “Miss Cai Rong, do you like this place?”

“I love it very much. Thank you, My Lady, for letting me stay here,” Miss Cai Rong replied very gratefully. Although she was inexplicably kept here by Young Master Li, it was Consort Xuan who made the decision. She also knew that it was Consort Xuan who asked her to stay here.

“Miss Cai Rong, you don’t have to be so polite. Have you ever thought of finding your own parents in the future and finding your origin?” Mo Xuetong poked her body out and reached out to the outside of the waterside pavilion. Then she picked a lotus flower and sniffed it before she turned to ask Cai Rong with a sweet smile on her face.

To find her origin? Cai Rong’s expression darkened. It was not that she did not want to find her origin; she had spent money to find her origin. However, no matter how hard she tried, she didn’t get any answer. As she grew older, she gradually gave up this thought. At this question, her eyes became moist and she avoided Mo Xuetong’s gaze.

“My Lady, people like me will be more contemptible if they find their origin? I will only bring shame to my parents and ancestors. How could I try to find my origin? Just take the young Cai Rong as dead in the past!”

Living in a brothel was a disgrace to her ancestors. At this moment, Cai Rong just wanted to completely forget the past. She didn’t want to think about it anymore. Let bygones be bygones.

Mo Xuetong went silent for a moment, but she still asked softly, “Miss Cai Rong, don’t you miss your parents and relatives. Maybe they have been looking for you all the time.” Her eyes landed on Cai Rong’s sad face. When she saw that Cai Rong was trying hard to hold back her tears, she felt bitter for no reason. Then she quickly turned her head to hide the tears in the corner of her eyes.

Even though she did not want to disgrace her ancestors, Mo Xuetong’s question raised infinite hope in Miss Cai Rong’s heart. She stood up excitedly and her eyes were filled with tears as she looked at Mo Xuetong expectantly. Her body trembled and she asked, “My, my parents, are, are they still alive?”

After searching for so many years, she became discouraged, but after all, blood was thicker than water. How could Cai Rong’s heart not beat wildly at this moment?

“They, they have died a long time ago.” Mo Xuetong did not want to upset Cai Rong who had a hopeful look in her eyes. However, that was the truth. Her parents had already died back then, leaving behind two helpless daughters who had even been separated!