Chapter 615

Chapter 615 Crown Prince Xieyue’s Doubt

Hu Qianyue was a smart person. A smart person would never create an enemy for themselves. In particular, she still did not know the opponent. She quickly cast a glance at Mo Xuetong’s expression and did not find anything unusual. She slightly heaved a sigh of relief and said, “My Lady, you must be joking. How dare I stop you? It is Her Highness who wants to see you. She said that you are feeling better but she has never had time to visit you.”

Hu Qianyue made use of the opportunity to achieve her end, and blamed it on Princess Caifeng. She had done such a thing many times.

“If Princess Caifeng wants to see me, why didn’t she come by herself? Is Princess Caifeng ill?” Mo Xuetong’s beautiful eyes were as clear as water, but there was something sharp hidden in them. She also stressed her identity. Even though Princess Caifeng was noble, she was Consort Xuan and not everyone could see her as they wanted.

“Her Highness is not ill. She just felt a little uncomfortable, so she didn’t come to see My Lady in person.” Hu Qianyue had been at a disadvantage because of Mo Xuetong’s push. To answer her question, she had no choice but to explain awkwardly.

“Then how about I ask for leave for Princess Caifeng when I enter the palace? If she doesn’t feel well, she’d better rest in the manor,” Mo Xuetong smiled in a gentle voice. Her bright eyes rippled beautifully, as if she really thought that Princess Caifeng was ill.

“I…” Hu Qianyue was at a loss for words for a moment. Then she opened her mouth and immediately said with a dry smile, “Thank you for your kindness, My Lady. Her Highness is just feeling a little uncomfortable. It’s a chronic ailment. She’ll be fine soon. It’s not a big deal.”

Princess Caifeng wanted to take this opportunity to get close to King Xuan, and if she could not go to the palace, she would tear Hu Qianyue apart!

“Her Highness’s chronic ailment? Does she need an imperial physician?”

“There’s no need. Her Highness has the pills to cure it. She’ll be fine as long as she takes them.” Hu Qianyue’s forehead was already covered with sweat.

She had to straighten out contradictions in the lie and make it plausible. She didn’t expect that Consort Xuan was not a weak person. Then, she was forced to lie by Mo Xuetong. She was clear that she was at a disadvantage today and did not dare to say anything to Mo Xuetong. So she only said a few words of concern and left in a hurry.

Mo Lan sent Hu Qianyue to the door of her courtyard on behalf of Mo Xuetong before she went back.

There was not only Princess Caifeng in the courtyard, but also Crown Prince Xieyue. They sat on a large round chair under a tree and enjoyed the tea leisurely. Crown Prince Xieyue was supposed to go back, but Princess Caifeng deliberately asked him to stay. She wanted someone to witness it when she humiliated Mo Xuetong later, which would make her even more embarrassed.

However, she saw that there was no one behind Hu Qianyue, except her four maidservants. Princess Caifeng could not help but put down the teacup in her hand and asked in surprise, “Qianyue, where is she?”

Crown Prince Xieyue looked at Mo Lan’s back thoughtfully. He frowned slightly and confusion appeared in the corners of his eyes. He felt that this maidservant was really familiar.

Hu Qianyue thought for a while and said hesitantly, “Consort Xuan said that she will enter the palace later, and doesn’t have time to see Your Highness at this time. She asked you to rest for a while and she will meet you when you enter the palace.”

Her words were similar to what the maidservant had said earlier. How could Princess Caifeng be satisfied? She slammed the teacup in her hand down again and snarled, “It’s still a little early to enter the palace. Why is she going there so early? Could it be that she doesn’t take me, a dignified princess, seriously? Let’s go, I’ll go and take a look.”