Chapter 642

Chapter 642 Something Unusual, a Crisis in the Inner Manor

Auntie Qing immediately became vigilant when Mo Xuetong mentioned Mo Yufeng. She wiped her tears and stole glances at Mo Xuetong’s face. As she did not find anything unusual about her expression, she explained carefully, “Eldest Young Master is pitiful now, and I lost Qiong’er. As I found that the maidservants in his yard couldn’t take good care of him, I went to ask about it in person. That’s why I have become a little closer to Eldest Young Master.”

“Do you mean that Madam didn’t take good care of Elder brother?” Mo Xuetong’s expression grew cold. A hint of anger appeared on her face as she harrumphed coldly.

“Ah… No, no, I didn’t mean that Madam didn’t take good care of him. Madam’s body is getting heavier, and thus it’s inevitable that she can’t take care of everything. Eldest Young Master is a man, so it’s normal that she can’t take care of him in all aspects of his life.” Auntie Qing shook her hand hurriedly. She didn’t dare to say anything bad about Xu Yan. Besides, although Xu Yan didn’t pay much attention to Mo Yufeng, she still respected him and had never skimped on what was due to him.

“Did Madam ask you to take care of Elder brother?” Mo Xuetong asked as if she really did not know the whole story.

Mo Yufeng was a man. Even though Auntie Qing was a little older, she was still a woman, a beautiful woman. Furthermore, they were not related by blood. Did Xu Yan ask Auntie Qing to take care of Mo Yufeng? Auntie Qing did not dare to say yes. She shook her hands anxiously.

“No, no, Madam didn’t mean it. I just feel that Eldest Young Master is pitiful…”

“Elder brother is pitiful? Auntie Qing, do you mean that Auntie Fang has been wronged?” Mo Xuetong’s expression suddenly grew cold and there was a hint of chill in her eyes. She glared at Auntie Qing and asked word by word.

Auntie Qing was well aware of the case between Auntie Fang and Mo Xuetong. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw how cold Mo Xuetong’s glare was. A cold sweat broke out on her forehead and she hurried to explain, “My Lady, I didn’t mean that. I just meant that Eldest Young Master is all alone now…”

“Isn’t Father Elder brother’s relative? Do you mean that Elder brother does not have any other relatives other than Auntie Fang and Mo Xuemin? Or does Elder brother think that we are all outsiders and have nothing to do with him no matter what?” Mo Xuetong interrupted Auntie Qing sharply and questioned fiercely.

She had always been very gentle in front of others and had never been so harsh. Auntie Qing was so frightened that she could not sit still. She felt as if she was sitting on pins and needles. She wanted to explain but could not, only feeling that what she had thought about earlier was useless. Whatever she could say was wrong.

She had used those excuses to get rid of Xu Yan’s and Mo Huawen’s questions. Then, she realized that the one who was the hardest to deal with in this family was Mo Xuetong, who had always been amicable. She felt she could not fight back against the girl, as if her entire thoughts had been exposed in front of her.

No, how could that be? Even though Mo Xuetong was Consort Xuan now, it was impossible for her to see through anything at her age. She would definitely not see anything. Auntie Qing mended her mood and repeatedly told herself that she was fine.

“My Lady, I didn’t mean that. I’m not one for words. I just think that Eldest Young Master is the only child living in the manor now. Old Sir can’t take care of him as he is usually busy. Madam can’t even take care of herself now. Auntie Mo and I have nothing to do, so I paid more attention to some internal affairs. Therefore, I am closer to Eldest Young Master.”