Chapter 630

Chapter 630 Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s Doubts

The banquet in the imperial palace did not last long. The marriage between the Southern Barbarian Lands and the Qin Kingdom had been carved in stone. Now there was the last step left: which princess would Crown Prince Xieyue ask to marry? It was different from Princess Caifeng’s marriage. Although Princess Caifeng was also the candidate for marriage between the Southern Barbarian Lands and the Qin Kingdom, she would be a member of the Qin Kingdom after she got married. Moreover, she was going to marry King Ning, so there would be little chance for her to become the ruler of the country.

Crown Prince Xieyue’s case was different. He was likely to be the future Emperor of the Southern Barbarian Lands, and thus the princess, who would marry him, would be the future Empress of the Southern Barbarian Lands and had the right to decide the national affairs of the Southern Barbarian Lands and the Qin Kingdom in the future. Therefore, the Qin Kingdom attached more importance to the marriage of Crown Prince Xieyue. And because of this, Emperor Zongwen had no definite candidate to marry him.

After he left the banquet in the hall, Emperor Zongwen did not return to his Qianqing Palace. Instead, he went straight to Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s place.

As soon as he arrived at the door, Imperial Noble Consort Wen came out and greeted him gently and respectfully in front of the imperial carriage.

Emperor Zongwen held Liu Xi’s hand and stepped out of the imperial carriage. He hurried forward and helped Imperial Noble Consort Wen up. Then, he said in a tender manner, “My love, you don’t have to be so polite. Let’s go in and talk.”

“Yes,” Imperial Noble Consort Wen replied softly. There was a hint of joy on her face. Even though she was not as ecstatic as the other consorts when they saw Emperor Zongwen, her look made others comfortable without any pressure.

After being in the palace for so many years, Imperial Noble Consort Wen seemed to have never competed with anyone. She was pregnant before, and the child had an accident when he was about to be born. A little prince did die after being born, which also involved another consort. Although Imperial Noble Consort Wen fainted in pain, she did not say a word when she woke up. She did not force Emperor Zongwen to punish the consort either and even plead for mercy, which made Emperor Zongwen feel guiltier about her.

In this way, he had always admired Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s generosity. Even though she did not have a son, she had also been promoted to imperial noble consort. She and Consort Su became the two imperial noble consorts below the Empress.

“Your Majesty, do you have anything to say to me today?” Imperial Noble Consort Wen took the porcelain teacup from the palace maid and placed it on the table in front of Emperor Zongwen with a smile.

“Isn’t Xuehe here?” Emperor Zongwen looked around and asked.

Usually, the Sixth Princess, Feng Xuehe, was in Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s place to embroider and fiddle with flowers and plants at this time. Compared with the Fifth Princess, who was arrogant and often caused trouble, the Sixth Princess was so obedient. She was gentle when she saw people, as if she was the same as Imperial Noble Consort Wen.

Emperor Zongwen was very satisfied with the Sixth Princess from the bottom of his heart. He had once said that no matter which family she married into, the Sixth Princess would lead a good life, which meant the husband and wife would be harmonious, and they would be filial to the elders and the family would be harmonious.

“Just now, Princess Caifeng of the Southern Barbarian Lands invited Xuehe to walk around the garden. Consort Xuan has always been in poor health, and Consort Yan has just experienced… We couldn’t let Princess Caifeng walk around the garden alone, so I asked Xuehe to accompany her. It’s always pitiful for her to marry far away. Even if she is a princess, she has no one to rely on. Fortunately, Princess Caifeng is a little tough, so she won’t suffer losses. If she were a gentle girl, well, alas…”