Chapter 730

Chapter 730 The Lan Family’s Scheme

The Lan family’s large courtyard was not far from the center of the capital. Those who lived there were all aristocratic families and offspring of the nobility of the Yan Kingdom’s capital. None of them were ordinary people. There were many carriages and horses, and the clothes of the guests were richly woven muslin and silk. Fragrance wafted in the air, and sweet voices rang out all around. These were all prosperous families.

The Lan family was in the center of the street. In front of the large manor, there were two imposing stone lions, with their heads raised and as if roaring, looking very dignified.

Lan Yanwen’s carriage stopped in a hurry. After the carriage stopped, Lan Yanwen got off and went straight into the study without stopping. At the same time, he asked the manservant to invite his father and two uncles to the study.

The manservant received the order and ran in.

When Lan Yanwen entered the study, Lan Tian, the head of the Lan family, and his two younger brothers, Lan Ren and Lan Mo, were already waiting there.

“Wen’er, what happened?” Lan Tian, the head of the Lan family, was sitting at the very front of the room. He was Lan Yanwen’s father. The Lan family had already transferred the important work of officialdom to Lan Yanwen, but Lan Tian was still at the center of the family. When he learned that his son had just rushed back to manor and wanted to see him, he knew that something big had happened.

“Greetings, Father, Second Uncle, Third Uncle.” Although Lan Yanwen was a little anxious, he still greeted them one by one as he was enough cultivated.

Lan Ren, the Second Elder Master of the Lan family, was an intelligent person. He looked Lan Yanwen up and down and asked with a smile, “Wen’er, since you came from the East Palace, you must have seen the woman of the branch of the Lan family. What’s wrong with that?”

“What’s wrong with a daughter from a poor family? Second brother, you worry too much.” Lan Mo, the third son of Lan Tian, glanced at his second brother with contempt. “This time, our Lan family also sent a girl to the palace. If there’s really something wrong with that girl of the distant branch, she wasn’t sent to the palace from the main branch.”

“Lan Mo, I heard that the girl is well-behaved and smart. Almost everyone who came to the East Palace has peeked at the Crown Prince of the East Palace. She is the only one who lives in her own courtyard quietly. She didn’t even ask anyone to help her change the room even though her room feels cold,” Lan Ren stated in a low voice. This was enough to show that she was not to be overlooked.

A girl in her teens was at the age when she loved fun most. She entered the palace, which she had never been before, with confusion about the future. In the face of splendid and beautiful thing, everyone would be greedy and try their best to stay in the palace. Of course, they would manufacture ways to secretly meet the Crown Prince, who was said to be extremely handsome. It would be better if they could have a beautiful encounter.

The ladies who entered the palace to attend the Beauty Contest appeared calm on the surface these days, and nothing seemed to have happened. However, there was an undercurrent in the dark. Especially when they saw the handsome and noble appearance of the Crown Prince, all the ladies were excited and only thought that they could win his heart. It could be said that in the Beauty Gathering Palace, the only one who had done nothing was that girl.

The reason why she was so calm was that she didn’t care about it, or that there was another secret!

Given Lan Luo’s current status and background, if she failed in the Beauty Contest, she would have to get engaged and married immediately when she went back. With the greedy nature, her aunt might sell her for a high price in the form of marrying someone. In other words, if she wanted to live a better life, she could only stand out in the Beauty Contest.