Chapter 712

Chapter 712 Several People Were Scalded in Succession

The Mo Manor was very lively today and there were many guests. Originally, only close relatives would come at the Mid-Autumn Festival. However, because of Mo Xuetong’s return, some relatives who rarely contacted the Mo Manor voluntarily came as well. Since they were guests, even though he knew that they didn’t harbor pure intentions, Mo Huawen could only receive them with a smile.

Because of the guests’ coming, it was normal for Mo Yufeng to receive them with his father. After all, he was always the Eldest Young Master on the surface and the only son of Mo Huawen. Mo Huawen could not restrain him too much and had to allow him to meet the guests. As such, early in the morning, Mo Yufeng accompanied Mo Huawen to welcome the guests.

The most unexpected thing was that someone from the Yu Manor also came. It was Mdm Chen—Yu Feng’s wife—and her other daughter Yu Siyan. Now everyone knew that the vicious-hearted Auntie Fang of the Mo Manor was from the Yu Manor. She almost killed Consort Xuan. The entire Mo Manor did not like them at all.

However, they came without shame. No matter what, Yu Feng was Mo Yufeng’s uncle, and they were related by blood. Mo Huawen could not close the shut in their faces. Furthermore, he and Yu Feng were both officials and would see each other frequently. There was no need to embarrass them because of Auntie Fang, who was already dead.

Thus, when Yu Feng’s family came, Mo Huawen and Mo Yufeng still went out to meet them.

Mdm Chen and Yu Siyan followed everyone to rest in Xu Yan’s courtyard. Mo Xuetong had returned to the Mo Manor early in the morning. Xu Yan could not stand the fatigue, so the matters of the inner courtyard were managed by Auntie Mo and Auntie Qing. However, the two concubines had a low status. Hence, Mo Xuetong, the daughter who had returned to the manor, accepted the task of receiving guests.

However, Mo Xuetong was not an ordinary daughter. As she was Consort Xuan, no one would dare to disturb her too much. As such, after she had talked with Xu Yan for a while, she went back to Qingwei Garden to rest on the grounds that she wasn’t feeling well. Seeing that she and Xu Yan couldn’t receive them, the other women didn’t bother them and strolled in the garden under the guidance of the two concubines.

After resting in the room for a while, Mo Xuetong took a book casually to read and kill time. Just now, a maidservant came and said that there were about two hours before lunch, so it was still early now.

Mo Lan came in and reported that Auntie Qing wanted to visit Qingwei Garden with a few madams and young ladies and asked if it was convenient for Mo Xuetong!

Mo Xuetong’s lips curled up slightly. There was a slight ripple in her eyes, but there was a hint of coldness in them. She nodded meaningfully at Mo Lan. Mo Lan understood and went out to reply.

Soon, Auntie Qing came in with some of the girls from the relatives, including Mdm Chen of the Yu Manor and her daughter Yu Siyan.

Mo Xuetong also knew Yu Siyan. The latter and her elder sister Yu Sirong were from the same mother, so their relationship was naturally different from that of other sisters. Furthermore, there was a year gap between them. In the past life, Yu Siyan had often accompanied Yu Sirong to visit the Qin family. She had been watching from the side when Yu Sirong bullied Mo Xuetong.

Every time Mo Xuetong was hurt, she would comfort her on behalf of Yu Sirong. It could be said that Yu Sirong’s younger sister had made great contributions to the fact that Mo Xuetong didn’t resent Yu Sirong after she had been badly hurt by her in the last life.

In this life, Mo Xuetong hadn’t seen Yu Siyan yet. She returned to the capital shortly after waking up. After that, Yu Sirong followed her parents to the capital first. When Yu Sirong was disfigured, Yu Siyan and the others went to the capital. But the relationship between the Yu Manor and the Mo Manor became worse and worse, and they stopped having any dealings with each other.