Chapter 647

Chapter 647 The Banquet Held by Marquess Mingguo’s Wife

Many people had come to the banquet held by Mingguo Manor. The smile on the corner of Mo Xuetong’s mouth grew even more elegant and beautiful as she looked at the many carriages in front of Mingguo Manor. She was wearing a light green long dress today, and the jade pendant fastened to her waist belt made her look even slender and more enchanting.

As she grew older, her features became even more beautiful. Her skin was as white as snow; her nose was tall and straight; her watery eyes looked bright and charming; and her lips were bright red. She was stunning even without any makeup. Princess Caifeng, who was standing opposite her, felt upset at the sight of her. She was considered the most beautiful woman of the Southern Barbarian Lands. However, compared to Mo Xuetong, not only was her face less exquisite, but her aura could not even be compared to Mo Xuetong’s elegance.

“Consort Xuan, the Marquess Mingguo in your country is rather powerful. Look, wasn’t it Consort Yan’s carriage that has just passed?” Even though Princess Caifeng, who felt a little upset, no longer planned to fight against Mo Xuetong, she still felt uncomfortable. As such, she pointed to the front and said.

She had seen clearly just now that Consort Yan’s horse carriage had directly entered Mingguo Manor, but Mo Xuetong, who was also a prince’s wife, did not receive such treatment.

Mo Xuetong turned her watery eyes back leisurely as a faint smile crept over the corners of her eyes. “This is Mingguo Manor and Consort Yan is the legitimate daughter of Duke Mingguo. It is normal for her to be different from others when she returns to her own manor.”

Mo Xuetong could figure out the provocation in Princess Caifeng’s words. However, she had never wanted to fight with someone on the surface. Of course, she would not be mad. Furthermore, she had come with the intention of watching the show today. But Princess Caifeng came here just because she was bored!

Originally Princess Caifeng was about to get married, so Ling Mingyan would not give her an invitation. However, in the morning, she held an invitation card in her hand, and Mo Xuetong had no choice but to bring her here.

“That’s true. Consort Xuan, I heard that Marquess Mingguo used to be on good terms with the Mo Manor. However, he somehow started to distance himself from the Mo Manor. Did something happen?” Princess Caifeng’s eyes flashed and she suddenly looked friendly. There was no more gloom in her face. She seemed to have changed the topic casually.

“Your Highness, I’m afraid you have heard it wrong. My father has good terms with many of his colleagues. It’s all about cooperation and separation. It’s not something that women in inner courtyard should ask about.” Mo Xuetong smiled and stopped the subject.

The matter about You Yuecheng and the Mo Manor could be attributed to the relationship between him and Mo Xuemin. Mo Xuemin used to be a famous talented girl in the capital, and You Yuecheng was rather close to the Mo Manor. Ever since Mo Xuemin married into the Sima Manor, even if the two of them were in contact with each other, it was a private affair. Things cooled off on the surface. However, no matter whether they were close or not, given You Yuecheng’s character, it was impossible for others to discover many traces.

By the time Princess Caifeng arrived in the capital, You Yuecheng had already lost all relations with Mo Xuemin. Then, who told her this matter? Even though Hu Qianyue was very sly, she would not have known about it if she had not paid close attention to You Yuecheng.

It seemed that there were a lot of people who were keeping an eye on You Yuecheng and King Yan’s Manor behind him. At this time Mo Xuetong was happy to see it. King Yan seemed to be weak, but in fact, among the princes, he was really powerful. Not only did the Empress support him in the palace, but even Imperial Noble Consort Wen stood on his side with unknown meaning. Even the other princes could not compare with him in terms of the supporters in the imperial harem.