Chapter 611

Chapter 611 There’s Always Only One Fact

Consort Yu lost the child in her belly in the end. It was said that since the baby was hurt when she gave birth and the infant was too big and preterm labor, a formed infant died. On the contrary, Consort Yu was saved after great effort.

However, as the Emperor’s son died, the emperor was angry at Consort Yu being haughty and stirring up trouble, so he left, without even looking at Consort Yu.

For a moment, everyone in the palace quieted down. One of the two favored imperial consorts was thrown into the Cold Palace, and the other lost her child, as well as the Emperor’s favor. The latter’s life would be no difference to those in the Cold Palace. It could be said that the battle between Consort Yu and Consort Zhao resulted in both sides suffering. The imperial consorts who wanted to fight in the harem had to think if they could make sure that they wouldn’t get involved when they did something. Otherwise, they might end up the same as Consort Zhao and Consort Yu.

The one who was the most furious and resentful was, of course, the Empress Dowager. It was said that the Empress Dowager had changed another batch of porcelain in her palace that night, and the former porcelain got knocked over by her dog. King Ning, Feng Yuzhen, had received a letter in his home that night. He had lost his composure and had beaten up all the concubines beside him before chasing them away.

This matter caused a big scene. It was said that the cause was the struggle between several concubines, which led to the death of a baby who was still in a concubine’s womb. Feng Yuzhen was so angry that he drove them away.

Of course, this was a mere trifle compared to Consort Yu’s miscarriage in the imperial palace. Everyone’s attention was focused on Consort Yu’s matter. Since Consort Yu had lost her power, Yu Mingyong was no longer the little bully who could do whatever he wanted in the capital back then. The young masters who had been trying to butter up to him immediately turned against him.

In less than two days, Yu Mingyong had been beaten so hard that he had to lie on bed.

The Yu Manor had wanted to gang up with Yu Mingyong so that they would have nothing to worry about in the future. Unexpectedly, such a thing had happened, and they immediately shrank their heads and did not dare to go to Yu Mingyong’s house. Yu Feng had gone around in the study many times, but he could not come up with a solution. Previously, he had followed Yu Mingyong’s lead and had gotten involved in many things. Once Consort Yu lost her power, he was not having an easy time.

In the evening, a letter was sent to his room. After reading it, he stayed in the study alone, and even had meal in it.

What happened in the palace had widely affected the court, but fortunately, it didn’t affect the banquet for the top three in the imperial examinations.

Feng Yuran had entered the palace early in the morning. He had slowly spread the news that Mo Xuetong was getting better in the past few days in order to shut Emperor Zongwen’s mouth. He was afraid that his father would give him a second consort or someone like that. Feng Yuran felt that his life was good now and did not want to return to the “highly prosperous lives” he used to live in.

Only Mo Xuetong’s health had been a constant worry to him. Therefore, he had to speed up and clear his way here so that he could fight with Bai Yihao with all his heart. If there was another person in the world whom he could not see through, it would be Bai Yihao. The man seemed to always be clean. However, since he could survive in the palace without the protection of his mother, everyone knew that he was by no means clean!

Fortunately, the battle in Yan Kingdom was also heated and no one could be distracted!

As a matter of fact, Feng Yuran felt that he had to thank the First Prince of Yan Kingdom and his aunt, the Empress. Because of their cooperation, he could maintain a temporary balance when confronting Bai Yihao.