Chapter 628

Chapter 628 Bestowing Marriage, One by One

As for the marriage between the Southern Barbarian Lands and the Qin Kingdom, Feng Yulei didn’t feel any joy as he saw Princess Caifeng’s affectionate gaze. He felt as if he was being roasted. Furthermore, it was not something he wanted to do!

No matter who he offended, it was different from his original intention. In face of this kind of choice of gain and loss, Feng Yulei was under too much pressure.

“Your Majesty, I have also seen this jade pendant. This was a betrothal gift from His Highness King Yan to my younger sister. Then, it was sent back to King Yan’s Manor as a dowry. Speaking of which, the true owner of this jade pendant is my younger sister,” a clear voice stated, helping Feng Yulei out in a timely manner. Everyone turned around and saw You Yuecheng stand up to reply.

He didn’t say much, but after a few words, he had explained the jade pendant’s situation.

Everyone present only felt ashamed. Just now, everyone’s attention was attracted by the jade pendant in Crown Prince Xieyue’s hand, and their thoughts were all about the jade pendant. They only thought that the jade pendant was a betrothal gift for the prince’s wife, but did not remember that King Yan had already had a wife. The jade pendant had been sent out, but it was not taken out in the hall.

You Yue’e’s expression slowly softened from her excitement. She wrung her handkerchief tightly and twisted it into a ball, no longer as delicate as it used to be.

“Your Excellency, what you said is about before. At that time, Caifeng hasn’t come yet.” Crown Prince Xieyue smiled slightly.

This was to remind You Yuecheng that the past was the past. Now that Feng Yulei had given the jade pendant to another woman, which meant that he was not satisfied with You Yue’e and wanted to choose another wife!

Feng Yulei, who had just sighed with inward relief, became worried again. But there were some things that others could say, but he could not. He couldn’t let Xieyue tell others why he left the jade pendant at that time. A lot of things had happened to him recently, and he grew less and less liked by his father. His previous good reputation had gradually become worse.

If there was a rumor that he was a hooligan, there were few ministers in the entire court would stand on his side.

Therefore, he could only pin his hopes on You Yuecheng. He hoped that You Yuecheng would be able to pull him out of the whirlpool of the marriage with Princess Caifeng. He did not dare to win Princess Caifeng and the help of the Southern Barbarian Lands. He had thought about it clearly just now. No matter how powerful the Southern Barbarian Lands was, it was too far away from him, and was not comparable with the support of Mingguo Manor.

If he really lost Mingguo Manor and You Yuecheng’s support, it would be a disaster for him. So what if he got the support of the Southern Barbarian Lands by then? If he had no power in the court, he would never be able to get the throne. At most, he would be an idle prince. How could Feng Yulei, who had always been a legitimate son, stand it?

“Your Highness, you are wrong. The marriage between my younger sister and King Yan was granted by His Majesty and the prince’s jade pendant was the betrothal present. Even though it had been returned to King Yan, the true master is still my younger sister. Now that the jade pendant has fallen into Princess Caifeng’s hands, it means that my younger sister has proposed to Princess Caifeng on behalf of King Yan and will give her a status similar to that of the wife.”

You Yuecheng smiled slightly and explained calmly. There was a polite and calm smile on his lips. He was competing with Crown Prince Xieyue and was not at a disadvantage at all.