Chapter 732

Chapter 732 The Sudden Summon from the Lan Family

“They sent the Yuxiao Flower to Fu General Manor in order to frame them to have collusion with King Jin. In this way, Fu General Manor would fall, and one of the Four Great Manors would disappear. His Majesty will definitely rely more on the other three manors. So the other three will benefit from him. As the Empress’s family, Ding General Manor will get more benefits. What did King Ning, Feng Yuzhen, promise to give to camp of the First Prince and the Empress?” Mo Xuetong frowned. She stared at Qing Zhu and stated slowly. She cleared her thoughts bit by bit. By the time she finished speaking, she had already figured out the way the Lan family’s thinking.

“I don’t know about these things. You can ask His Highness when he comes back.” Qing Zhu sighed and stood up, intending to end the conversation. Mo Xuetong was so smart that she gave her a lot of pressure. She did not know whether she should be jealous or admire her.

She looked down at Mo Xuetong with a complicated expression in her eyes. As she gazed at Mo Xuetong’s beautiful face that made her jealous of, her lips spontaneously curved into a mocking smile which also contained a hint of bitterness.

She really couldn’t compare with such a woman!

In the past, she thought that Mo Xuetong just relied on her pretty face to win Bai Yihao’s heart. In that way, she was not scary. She would lose his favor before she got old. Besides, Bai Yihao was not a person who judged others by their appearance. A useless woman with a pretty face was not a big deal. After a few days, she realized that she was completely wrong.

Mo Xuetong was such a smart woman. How could she be a match for her?

Mo Xuetong stared at Qing Zhu and said frankly, “Qing Zhu, I think the two of us have the same goal. We won’t make things too difficult for your master. Can we have a better cooperation? You don’t have to treat yourself as a maidservant. You can treat us as partners. If we can take the ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower out of the Lan family as soon as possible, it will save your master a lot of trouble.”

She had no other acquaintances in the Yan Kingdom and could only ask Qing Zhu for help. Although Qing Zhu was hostile to her, she believed in her loyalty to Bai Yihao.

Qing Zhu stared at Mo Xuetong in silence.

Of course, she would rather Mo Xuetong settle this matter herself. Bai Yihao was so busy every day but he had to find herbs to make an antidote for this woman. It was really tiring. However, he had ordered her not to tell Mo Xuetong about it. Even though a portion of it was something that Mo Xuetong had asked casually, Qing Zhu had exposed the other parts to her. She wanted Mo Xuetong to go to the Lan family to find the herb by herself.

But now, as Mo Xuetong was really going to do that, Qing Zhu hesitated. If something happened to her, what should she do?

“Don’t worry. I will be careful and won’t make trouble for you and your master.” Mo Xuetong stood up, took Qing Zhu’s hand and said sincerely, “Do you want your master to confront the Lan family and directly go against the Empress at this time?”

This sentence completely moved Qing Zhu as a trace of determination flashed in her eyes. She nodded hard, gritted her teeth and said, “Okay, I’ll make an appointment with Minister of Public Works for you.”

Even though Bai Yihao was strong, this was not the best time to confront the Empress. After all, the Empress had not done anything to him on the surface. If it ruined his big cause because of Mo Xuetong…

Qing Zhu silently made up her mind that she would protect the person in front of her. If something really happened to her, she would be willing to pay with her life!