Chapter 676

Chapter 676 It’s Still the Original Owner of the Pharmacy

“My Lady, the little maidservant went to ask about the owner of the shop in the back, but she didn’t get any information. The shop assistant’s lips were sealed, and all he said was that the owner has never changed. It’s still the original owner.” After hearing the little maidservant’s report, Mo Ye came in and told Mo Xuetong.

They did not leave immediately. You Yuecheng was a suspicious person, and their leaving at this moment would arouse his suspicion.

“The original owner?” Mo Xuetong frowned slightly as her white fingers tapped lightly on the table. “How could that be possible! The Duchess is dead. Is it Sima Lingyun? But he’s infamous and it’s been said that he does not even have a place to stay. How could he still have such a shop?”

“My Lady, the little maidservant didn’t come back at first because she didn’t get the information you had asked for. She waited outside the pharmacy for a while and saw a maidservant holding a lady-like person leaving from the side door of the shop. Before she left, the shopkeeper even specially sent them to the side door. He looked very respectful, as if she were his mistress. However, the young lady was wearing a curtained hat, so the little maidservant couldn’t see who she was. The carriage the young lady took was also ordinary, and thus she didn’t know which manor she came from.”

Since Mo Xuetong had no clue at the moment, Mo Ye told her what the maidservant had seen and her speculations. As she didn’t know if the maidservant’s speculations were useful to Mo Xuetong, she stopped for a second before continuing.

Mo Xuetong’s bent fingers stopped in the air as a hint of surprise flashed across her eyes. “A young lady, the Duke’s manor, and the original owner. The only person that lines up with this situation is Sima Heyan. When the Sima Manor got into trouble, Sima Heyan was missing. Even the authorities have reported that she had been lost. I did not expect her to be well in the capital.”

Who was powerful enough to hide her?

Mo Xuetong’s thoughts gradually became clear. That lady could very well be the missing Sima Heyan. Only she could take over the Duchess’s property rightfully. Maybe before the Duchess died, she had already given the pharmacy to Sima Heyan.

That was the dowry of the Duchess, and it was normal for her to give it to her daughter as a dowry.

Sima Heyan’s pharmacy became the place where the Sixth Princess and You Yuecheng met privately. Besides, Sima Heyan was also there. What’s more, even the Sixth Princess could sneak out from the back door, and You Yuecheng was very free in the pharmacy and could even dispatch his men there conveniently. In this way, it seemed that one of them had to be the reason that Sima Heyan was still in the capital.

Mo Xuetong thought about it and was more inclined to think that the person was the Sixth Princess!

Sima Heyan seemed to be one of the Sixth Princess’s people!

If the Sixth Princess had been really a gentle and elegant princess, Mo Xuetong would not have such a speculation. After all, a princess who had always been in the imperial palace would not arrange people outside for herself for no reason. She could not become the Emperor and was just a princess. No matter who the Emperor was, he would show special kindness to those powerless princesses.

However, ever since she learned that the Sixth Princess’s palace was tightly guarded, Mo Xuetong had felt that the Sixth Princess was unusual. There were many signs that indicated that the Sixth Princess knew medical skills. It was not a shameful thing to know medical skills, but the fact that the Sixth Princess knew medical skills was strictly shrouded in secrecy, which was very suspicious.