Chapter 645

Chapter 645 A Secret, What Was Shopkeeper Xing Hiding

Not many people were on the stairs. It could be seen that there were more samples than the first floor and the material was much more gorgeous. There were as many people sitting beside and picking embroidery as there were downstairs. These customers were enjoying tea and chatting while shopping. Xiuning Workshop was getting more and more praised by the customers in this aspect.

It was just a suggestion. Mo Xuetong did not expect Shopkeeper Xing to be such a business talent and so smart. She also did not expect there was such a clever man among the secret guards. Mo Xuetong praised him in her heart. Her gaze landed on Shopkeeper Xing who was leading the way, and a hint of darkness appeared in her eyes.

“My Lady, please!” Shopkeeper Xing brought Mo Xuetong into a small private room and asked her to sit down.

Along the way, Mo Xuetong found that those private rooms were all occupied, but this one was empty. It was facing the window, so she could see the street below clearly. It was a leisurely room. The door was open, and there was a faint fragrance in the air, which was a little familiar.

“My Lady, there have been special people coming these days. They don’t seem to be locals. They came to Xiuning Workshop and looked around. I don’t know what they were doing. They seemed to be looking for something and suspected Xiuning Workshop.” Shopkeeper Xing didn’t hesitate this time. Although he cast a glance at Mo Lan and Mo Yu, he still said it directly.

These two maidservants were Consort Xuan’s trusted subordinates, so he did not ask them to avoid while talking.

“Someone came to probe again and again?” Mo Xuetong’s lively eyes paused for a moment, and a trace of surprise flashed in them. “Shopkeeper Xing, your men haven’t made any unusual movements recently, have they?”

Shopkeeper Xing thought for a while and replied, “Don’t worry, My Lady. For so many years, we have been very careful and have never been exposed. Even when we had money problems, we didn’t make money casually. Now that Xiuning Workshop has such a good business, we don’t need to do anything else at all, so we will be fine.”

Mo Xuetong keenly caught the meaning in his words and asked, “Then when Xiuning Workshop’s business was not good, did you do something to make money?”

In her past life, Mo Xuetong had not figured it out either. 100 people were not a small group. Furthermore, they were all skilled in martial arts. Mo Xuetong was very suspicious that these people were really willing to be at peace. Could they really wait when they didn’t have enough to eat and wear?

Even though the secret guards were hidden in the dark and did not stand out in front of others, at the very least, they were not lacking in money. However, her mother’s secret guards were not doing as well as ordinary people. Were they really willing to accept it? Thus, Mo Xuetong was certain that they would have other ways of earning money.

In her past life, everything she owned had been controlled by Sima Lingyun. Even her last store was in his hands. However, why was there still some money in her hands? This was definitely not the reason why Sima Lingyun and Mo Xuemin had let her off. The source of the money was rather suspicious.

Now, Mo Xuetong could almost be sure that some secret guards were not necessarily engaged in a legitimate business. With their powerful martial skills, they were originally talents cultivated for the Empress’s daughter, the noble princess. Chosen from so many contestants, few of the 100 people were willing to be ordinary.

Hearing Mo Xuetong’s straightforward question, Shopkeeper Xing explained with an awkward expression, “My Lady, Madam was in poor health and didn’t meddle too much in the business. She left the entire shop to me. As a man, I really didn’t know much about embroidery, so I didn’t run it well. So, sometimes, when we were really short of money, Yan Yue would take some people to do other things and temporarily solve financial difficulties.”