Chapter 735

Chapter 735 The Schemes of All Parties at Night

Mo Xuetong did not use the Lan family’s horse carriage. There was indeed a horse carriage sent from the Crown Prince’s East Palace parked at the entrance. After they got on the horse carriage, Qing Zhu asked, “Miss, how did you know that the person is not the true head of the Lan family?” There was nothing different in air, deportment, or appearance between the man and the head of the Lan family.

“I am just an orphan daughter of the Lan family. Even if the Lan family values me, there is a limit. Even if I can enter the East Palace in the future and be favored by His Highness, it will still be a matter of the future. The Lan family does not lack beauties in their back courtyard. It is already a great honor for me to send Minister of Public Works to meet me. It is said that Minister of Public Works is the best husband in the hearts of the princesses,” Mo Xuetong stated with a faint smile. She took the tea that Qing Zhu poured for her and took a sip before she leisurely relaxed.

The most important thing was that the impostor seemed to be making decisions, but when Mo Xuetong was talking to Lan Yanwen, he did not even speak without Lan Yanwen’s hints. How could the head of the Lan family, Lan Yanwen’s father, act according to his son’s hints? Since the Lan family had sent an impostor, they surely could send a second impostor, in order to test her.

They wanted to weigh her up!

Since this was the Lan family’s purpose, she naturally would not hide her strength. The better she performed, the more attention the Lan family would attach to her. At the right time, she could ask the Lan family to show more sincerity.

“Why did you mention the Yuxiao Flower?” Even though she was very pleased with Mo Xuetong’s smartness, Qing Zhu’s expression grew dark.

“The Empress must know that your master has gotten the Yuxiao Flower. But the Lan family didn’t know. If the Lan family knows that the Empress knows but doesn’t tell them, I wonder if they will have any ideas!” Mo Xuetong smiled lightly and didn’t explain. She simply leaned against the carriage and closed her eyes to rest.

It was said that the pot of Yuxiao Flower in the Qin Kingdom was given to Bai Yihao. Mo Xuetong got the news by chance.

The look on Qing Zhu’s face froze and she immediately figured it out. For a moment, the look in her eyes became more and more complicated. She inexplicably looked at the woman who leaned against the carriage beside and dozed. She did not say anything more.

“Is it really good to let this woman be by His Highness’s side?”

The night in the Beauty Gathering Palace was very quiet, especially in the southern courtyard. The ladies inside had already rested. In the corridor, several palace lanterns gave off flickering light.

In the darkness, a figure flashed and disappeared from the Beauty Gathering Palace.

In a large room of the East Palace, several people were discussing something.

“Do we really have to kill her?” The woman’s voice was a little hesitant!

“Have you forgotten who your master is after just following her for a few days? No matter what, His Highness’s cause is the most important thing. She’s just a woman!” a high-pitched voice said unhappily.

Qing Zhu secretly took a deep breath, sat down on the chair beside her, and said uneasily, “But His Highness treats her differently. If His Highness knows that, he will be angry!”

“She’s just a woman. His Highness tries to make antidote for her because she is his relative. If His Highness really cares about her, why didn’t he take out the marriage agreement when he was in the capital of the Qin Kingdom? Besides, we aren’t going to kill her. We just fail to notice it and something goes wrong. His Highness won’t punish us,” the leader of Bai Yihao’s secret guards said in a loud voice.