Chapter 695

Chapter 695 Urgent Interrogation in the Imperial Palace

There were already dishes placed on the table, and they were all Mo Xuetong’s favorites. Feng Yuran did not ask the maidservant to serve her. Instead, he scooped up a bowl of fragrant rice for Mo Xuetong and a bowl for himself. He glanced at Mo Xuetong with his beautiful eyes and raised his brows. “Do you have something to ask me?”

“How did you know I wanted to ask you something?” Mo Xuetong could not help but feel strange. She did have something to say earlier. However, as she saw how tired he looked when he entered, she did not ask anything else. The banquet today had proven that there was no good wine or good banquet. Such a big thing had suddenly happened.

“I can tell just by looking at your appearance.” Feng Yuran picked up some shrimp, which was Mo Xuetong’s favorite, and placed it in her bowl. “The Sixth Princess’s face was badly injured and the corners of her eyes were scratched by Ling Mingyan. One of her eyes was bloodshot and she could not open it. The imperial physician said that she might not be able to save one of her eyes.”

“One of her eyes was hurt as well?”

“Yeah, Ling Mingyan had used all her strength this time. This is also the retribution of Feng Xuehe. I don’t want to care about what happened between her and You Yuecheng. But she dared to reach out her claws to you. Wasn’t she afraid that her claws would break?” Feng Yuran gave an evil smile, and there was a hint of coldness in his eyes. His eyes were as sharp as something solid, and there were faint ripples in them, which made others’ hearts involuntarily beat fast.

Mo Xuetong blinked her watery eyes, suppressed the warmth in her heart, and asked softly, “Did Ling Mingyan go crazy because she heard something?”

Ling Mingyan was naturally unwilling to give up after such a thing happened. However, she wasn’t supposed to confront the Sixth Princess directly. Furthermore, it was a life-and-death situation. By the time Mo Xuetong arrived, things had already happened. Even though Ling Mingyan knew that it was the Sixth Princess who had framed her, she was not as crazy as she was at that time.

Then she went crazy all of a sudden. She must have heard something!

“The room for Ling Mingyan to rest is in next to You Yue’e’s room. There is a small air vent near the beam. However, since it is high above the ground and is covered with a cloth curtain, no one would notice it.” Feng Yuran’s lazy voice was seductive and attractive, and it brushed her heart like a feather.

Mo Xuetong’s heart softened when she saw how his handsome eyes were filled with gentleness as he told her the whole story without holding anything back. Even if he did not say it, she knew that he really cared about her, about everything concerning her and her own safety.

Otherwise, how could it be so coincidental that Hu Qianyue had heard what the Sixth Princess said?

Mo Ye had already received Feng Yuran’s message from the outer courtyard that Mo Xuetong could not stay in the place where the female guests rested! He told her not to go to the rooms. Even if she had to go to the rooms, she had to leave immediately and could not stay there any longer. It was Mo Feng who sent the note to Mo Ye, and then Mo Ye handed it to Mo Xuetong.

That was why Mo Xuetong left immediately with Luo Mingzhu without staying for long.

She was the reason why the Sixth Princess’s eyes and face were scratched by Ling Mingyan! Otherwise, in the current situation, the Sixth Princess and Hu Qianyue were confronting each other. It was the right time for them to fight against each other. To deliberately take down a chess piece would make the whole situation tilted, and some plans could not be carried out better.