Chapter 608

Chapter 608 In a Panic, Consort Zhao’s Plan

Consort Zhao’s palace maid, Caichun, hurried back to Consort Zhao’s Mingyue Palace from the Empress Dowager’s palace!

It was lonely around the palace gate, which made her frown. This was not the time when the Emperor had forbidden Consort Zhao to go out. According to the Emperor’s favor to Consort Zhao, there should have been a few consorts coming. But since something had happened to Consort Zhao, it was almost as desolate as the Cold Palace. Those consorts who had been close to her before had disappeared at this time.

It was said that the most frequented place they visited now was Consort Su’s palace!

Having no son was Consort Zhao’s weak spot. She had planned to treat King Xuan as her own son and support him, and she could become the Empress Dowager in the end. To her surprise, King Xuan was not an obedient person. Furthermore, the delicate and weak Consort Xuan, who was said to be ill, was not so easy to deal with either.

She had managed to escape from Consort Zhao’s plans every time. How could she not be angry? Then, the He family had ruined her plans as well, causing her to have no supporter. Now Consort Zhao had no choice but to go and seek refuge with the Empress Dowager. They had already decided secretly that if King Ning were to take the throne, he would acknowledge Consort Zhao as his mother and crown her as Empress Dowager. Even though this was not what Consort Zhao was most satisfied with, it was still the best solution at the moment.

She was alone and helpless.

“Caichun, what did the Empress Dowager say?” Consort Zhao asked hurriedly as she saw Caichun entering. She was really at a dead end right now. She had failed to plot against Feng Yuran and his wife, and caused them to hate her. The tea sent from King Xuan’s Manor was just what she had sent to them previously. The eunuch who sent it even said that King Xuan wanted Consort Zhao to use it.

It implied that Feng Yuran had already known that she had plotted against Mo Xuetong!

She could no longer support Feng Yuran even if she wanted to. That was to say, even if Feng Yuran managed to ascend the throne in the end, it had nothing to do with her. He had even fallen out with her because of Mo Xuetong. Besides, if Feng Yuran discovered what happened to his mother, she would truly die a terrible death!

Thinking of this, Consort Zhao grew hysterical. She immediately got Caichun to go to the Empress Dowager’s palace to get a confirmation. Even though the Empress Dowager had extended an olive branch to her earlier, Consort Zhao didn’t answer her directly because she had her own plans. However, it was different now. Feng Yuran was already on her opposite side, and the Emperor had not visited her Mingyue Palace in the past few days because of what had happened earlier.

If she did not find a backer, there was nothing she could do except die. Consort Zhao had been favored by the Emperor because of Consort Xian for so many years, so how could she be willing to accept that end?

Caichun closed the door of the hall and lowered her voice, unable to hide her joy. “The Empress Dowager has agreed. If King Ning ascends to the throne in the future, you will be the Empress Dowager!”

“Did the Empress Dowager really say that?” Consort Zhao’s eyes lit up.

“Yes, the Empress Dowager told me personally. She even said that she would ask His Majesty to come to visit you later and told you to prepare early. You don’t have to dress up too much, but remember to dress like Consort Xian. What would Consort Xian do in the face of such a situation?” Caichun told Consort Zhao what the Empress Dowager had said.

To dress like Consort Xian, and what would Consort Xian do in the face of such a situation?

“Consort Xian, Consort Xian again, she was just a consort who had been dead for so many years. Not only does the Emperor remember her, but even the Empress Dowager does.” Consort Zhao gritted her teeth in hatred. She felt all sorts of emotions welling up in her heart and hate welled up in her eyes. Both of them were sent to the palace by the He family and both looked stunning. Why was Consort Xian the one loved by the Emperor while she could only be a substitute?