Chapter 637

Chapter 637 You Yue’e’s Worry

In King Xuan’s Manor, Hu Qianyue was so ill that she could not get up; so was You Yue’e in King Yan’s Manor, and she almost lost the baby in her belly.

She had a fever when she returned to King Yan’s Manor that night. According to the imperial physician, she was depressed inwardly and seemed to be in a bad mood recently. That was why You Yue’e had almost lost her baby. So she could only lie on the bed today and did not dare to move. She was determined to prevent miscarriage.

Upon hearing the news, the Empress was so anxious that she immediately sent a nanny from the palace to visit You Yue’e. She also asked a few people to serve and protect the pregnant woman by her side.

If You Yue’e gave birth to a son this time, King Yan taken more than one step ahead of the other princes, so he would also have a great advantage. Since the other princes, including King Chu, King Ning and King Xuan, hadn’t had a son—the Emperor’s little grandson, the Emperor would definitely be satisfied if Feng Yulei had a son ahead of them.

In this way, the child in You Yue’e’s belly mattered a lot.

The Sixth Princess also came with the nanny sent by the Empress. When You Yue’e’s place was tidied up, the princess sat at the head of the bed, beaming. She looked at You Yue’e’s pale face and comforted her with a smile. “Third sister-in-law, you don’t have to worry about the woman from the Southern Barbarian Lands. No matter what, you are the Consort Yan. That woman has left the Southern Barbarian Lands and is not a princess. She is really nothing.”

Tears immediately rolled down You Yue’e’s face when she heard that. She tried her best to smile, but she failed. She only showed a smile that was more pitiful than crying. This matter pressed her more and more seriously. She had thought that King Yan would give the title of a second consort or a co-wife to Princess Caifeng.

At a glance, one could tell that Princess Caifeng was easy to fool. She had not behaved properly when she interacted with those princes. Feng Yulei had always had a proud demeanor like scholars. How would he like her? He was just putting on an act. Furthermore, her elder brother had told her to be more generous several times.

As long as King Yan loved her in his heart and wholeheartedly protected her, her status would not be shaken. Now that she was pregnant, the baby in her belly would be his legitimate child and the Emperor’s grandchild. As for a second consort who was not favored by King Yan, no matter how beautiful she was, it did not matter.

However, what You Yue’e did not expect was that when Crown Prince Xieyue was aggressive in the palace hall, Feng Yulei did not defend her at all. If her elder brother had not stood up, she, Consort Yan, would have been degraded. This made You Yue’e, who firmly believed that she had a position in Feng Yulei’s heart, unable to bear it.

She was devoted to this man and did not hesitate to let herself suffer. Even though she was pregnant, she tried to please Princess Caifeng in order to make her marry into King Yan’s Manor so that the forces behind her could help her husband. However, what was the result? She was almost demoted, in which case even the baby in her belly would become a concubine’s child.

At that moment, You Yue’e, who was proud and arrogant, almost couldn’t hold on. If she had not been in the palace hall, if the hall had not been full of people, if she had not needed to maintain the dignity of Consort Yan, and if her elder brother had not looked at her with concerned eyes, she would have fainted, downhearted.

When she finally could leave the hall, she immediately left and went straight back to King Yan’s Manor. When she was still on her way home, she could not bear it.