Chapter 728

Chapter 728 Assume Another’s Name to Enter the Yan Palace to Join the Beauty Contest

After a day’s journey, the horse carriage stopped. Qing Zhu held Mo Xuetong’s hand to help her get off the carriage. They arrived at a courtyard. Someone had already opened the door and the two of them walked in. Qing Zhu took Mo Xuetong straight to the garden at the back of the courtyard. When they reached the garden, Mo Xuetong discovered that there was a two-story boat on the lake.

The boat in front of them was not large and it seemed to be used for the young masters and ladies of rich families to have fun. It was neither very exquisite, nor very eye-catching. The boat was very common. Whether it was in the Yan Kingdom or the Qin Kingdom, people of aristocratic families all liked to take a boat to different places. The demeanor of famous people in the Jin dynasty was still very popular.

The two-story boat was neither too high nor too low; besides, it was neither gorgeous nor too flamboyant!

Mo Xuetong’s heart did a flip when she was brought to the boat by Qing Zhu. They were going to take her away by boat. However, at this point, she could not resist. As such, she followed Qing Zhu and boarded the boat. Then the boat sailed out against the wind. It was a passageway that led to the outer lake.

Even if someone chased them here, they would not have thought that there was once a boat parked there. When the boat arrived in the outer lake, no one could find any trace of it as there were so many boats in the lake. It would be like that the fish had entered the boundless sea and was nowhere to be found.

When they arrived at the boat, Mo Xuetong realized that everything inside was extremely luxurious. Be it the items in the room or the hanging bead curtains, they were all exquisite. It was definitely not made up overnight.

There were not many people on the boat. Other than Mo Xuetong and Qing Zhu, there were two boatmen and a cook.

Qing Zhu helped Mo Xuetong change into a woman’s dress. Mo Xuetong could not think of anything else as she saw lights twinkle on the water outside the window. Since she had been kidnapped by Bai Yihao here, she had to ask him to try to antidote the poison in her body. There was still a glimmer of hope no matter if he could cure her or not. If Bai Yihao couldn’t cure her with his excellent medical skills, she would not seek any other means.

Princess Royal definitely had other plans as she did not go with Mo Xuetong. Mo Xuetong did not want to read into Bai Yihao’s intentions, so she put aside all her worries and looked at the lake and mountains to enjoy the scenery.

Whether in her previous life or this life, she had been stuck in Cloud City and the capital. As she lifted the curtain and looked at the endless lake, a kind of carefree feeling came over her. Sometimes, she simply put down the medical book and leisurely looked at the lake scenery outside the window. She felt relaxed and happy at those moments.

The boat continued forward. It would only occasionally stop in some small towns and buy some daily necessities and vegetables. It had already been many days since they got on the boat. Mo Xuetong did not know where she was at all.

Seeing that Mo Xuetong was very cooperative along the way, Qing Zhu started to be a little kind to her. She no longer said mocking words as before. Even though there was still enmity in her words, she did not intentionally make things difficult for Mo Xuetong.

One day, the boat finally stopped.

Qing Zhu helped Mo Xuetong, who was wearing a curtained hat, get off the boat. There was already a horse carriage waiting there. The two boarded the carriage. Mo Xuetong saw the boat having already set off again out of the corner of her eye. It was indeed a perfect arrangement without leaving any flaws. It must not be difficult for Bai Yihao to do this given his character.