Chapter 720

Chapter 720 Madam Qu’s Unusual Movements

King Ning, Feng Yuzhen, had not been punished, but Auntie Qing, Mo Yufeng, Yu Feng, and Mdm Chen and her daughter were all punished. However, since the principal culprit King Ning wasn’t criminalized, they naturally would not be sentenced to death. Each of them had been beaten 50 times. How could an ordinary person bear the punishment from the palace? Furthermore, the torturers knew that the Emperor was angry and thus worked even harder.

Auntie Qing, Mdm Chen and her daughter were weak, and their legs were broken on the spot. Then they died soon after getting home.

Not long after Mo Yufeng who had become a bloody pulp was carried home, Mo Huawen asked the doctor to take a look at him. Then, he gave the young man some medicine and silver and asked the manservant to carry him to an inn, find a room and throw him there. Then, Mo Huawen opened the ancestral temple and deleted him from the Mo family tree. From then on, Mo Yufeng had nothing to do with the Mo Manor.

Yu Feng’s official position had been stripped. The rest of the Yu family members had returned to their ancestral home in dejection, no longer having any thoughts of stirring up trouble.

After what happened to the Empress Dowager, everyone began to restrain themselves.

However, while most of those people were restrained, some of them were restless. Mo Xuetong crumpled the note in front of her and felt a headache. Why wouldn’t her second aunt stop being restless?

What Madam Qu had done in the past few days was recorded on the paper in front of Mo Xuetong.

Madam Qu’s actions in the past few days could be considered strange. She often went to a pharmacy whenever she was free, claiming that she was picking out the right medicine for the Old Madam. This pharmacy was the one that the Sixth Princess and You Yuecheng had met privately before. In another word, it was Sima Heyan’s pharmacy.

The duchess left the shop to Sima Heyan, and the disappearance of the latter was just a cover-up. Now her real identity was Duke Mingguo’s mistress. No one could imagine that the duchess treated Sima Heyan, the First Miss, as a gift and gave her to Duke Mingguo as his mistress.

In the past life, Sima Heyan had been sold by her elder brother; and in this life, she had been sold by her own mother. A mistress could not even be compared to a concubine. At the very least, a concubine’s child could be recorded in the family tree and inherit the family property in a justifiable way. Even though a concubine’s child would get less property, the property the child got from a family like Duke Mingguo’s family was still a great fortune in the eyes of ordinary people.

However, Sima Heyan could only be Duke Mingguo’s shameful mistress!

This was also the reason why she did not show up in front of others!

No matter what, she was still Duke Zhenguo’s daughter. However, she ended up being a mistress. So she was too ashamed to see her old friends.

Now the two of them were now in close contact. Needless to say, Mo Xuetong knew that they did not have any good intentions towards Fu General Manor!

As for the matter that Luo Mingzhu went to investigate last time, Mo Xuetong felt that that missing page was torn by Madam Qu. Her eldest aunt had been in the border area all the time. Most of the time, Madam Qu was in charge of the whole Fu General Manor. Her grandmother was in bad health, so her family affairs had already been handed over to her to manage. If there was someone in the manor who could do something to the account books but would not be found, Madam Qu would be the only one.

Mo Xuetong understood it, so did Luo Mingzhu!

That day, both of them avoided talking about it. It was not because they did not understand, but was because Luo Mingzhu did not know how to say it out loud. However, they both were clear about it. That was why Mo Xuetong had sent people to keep an eye on Madam Qu. She did not expect the latter to be so impatient and even have ganged up with Sima Heyan, or Mingguo Manor.