Chapter 697

Chapter 697 Ling Mingyan Asked for Punishment

“Who told you that Sixth Princess wanted to plot against you? Who told you that this matter had something to do with Sixth Princess?” the Empress asked in surprise. There was no other emotion on her face.

Sitting below, Mo Xuetong sharply sensed a hint of joy from the Empress and that she looked at Ling Mingyan with gentler eyes. Speaking of which, the Empress did not think highly of Ling Mingyan at all. Among her several nieces, she gave priority first to Ling Fengyan and then to Ling Rui’er. Mo Xuetong had heard that the Empress did not like the real legitimate daughter of Ding General Manor since she came to the capital.

It might because of Ling Mingyan’s arrogant and unrestrained character.

But at this moment, there was a little satisfaction in the Empress’s eyes when she looked at Ling Mingyan!

Mo Xuetong reached out and gently poked the person who was lazily leaning against the pillar, as if he was watching the show. Then, she blinked her watery eyes at the Empress.

Feng Yuran glanced at her from the corner of his eye. Then his vermilion lips curled up a little and he tilted his head slightly towards the Empress and nodded quietly. After that, he gave Mo Xuetong a seductive wink, which was so charming and handsome. Mo Xuetong blushed and turned her head away hurriedly.

She had just asked him such a small question, but he assumed a dissolute air.

However, it seemed that the Empress was indeed involved in it!

“I…” Ling Mingyan bit her lip and couldn’t speak for a while. The look that she wanted to say something but stopped on second thought held too much information.

“Just say it. His Majesty is here. There’s nothing you can’t say,” the Empress added.

“Yes, Your Highness, it’s… it’s Hu Qianyue who said that. She said that she had seen Sixth Princess bring someone in, and she also told me that Sixth Princess did it specially to frame me. A man lured me there, and the other went in and called people out. Then everyone would see that I was entangled with a strange man. Your Majesty, Sixth Princess has ruined my reputation. I… I can’t let her go even if I have to die.”

It was Hu Qianyue?

As soon as Ling Mingyan finished her words, the entire hall fell into silence.

Who was Hu Qianyue? She was a person from the Southern Barbarian Lands. Furthermore, she was also an envoy of her country, as well as a part of the marriage of the two countries. She would marry into King Yan’s Manor. It would be reasonable if she had arranged all of this. It was said that Hu Qianyue had a high status in the Southern Barbarian Lands. In other words, she was equivalent to the status of the legitimate daughter of a Duke’s Manor.

Having such a status, she could be able to be the legal wife of a prince. However, she was going to be King Yan’s second consort inexplicably. She might be full of hatred and thus it was possible for her to hurt You Yue’e. At this banquet, You Yue’e was the one who had the worst accident. Not only did she have a miscarriage, but also a man ran out of her room in disheveled clothes.

There were rumors that Consort Yan was a woman of loose morals, and had a miscarriage because she was too slutty when she met the man privately. It had only been a short while since the incident happened, but the rumors had already spread quietly. If this matter really had something to do with Hu Qianyue, Consort Yan would really be a victim.

As for why Hu Qianyue told Ling Mingyan that it was the Sixth Princess who did it, maybe she just wanted to distract others’ attention so that others would suspect the Sixth Princess. In this way, no one would doubt her. If the Sixth Princess really fought with Ling Mingyan, it would not be her fault if something happened.