Chapter 620

Chapter 620 Confused, the Person That Always Couldn't Be Seen Through

Mo Ye reacted quickly. The moment she saw that Mo Xuetong had reached out, she grabbed her hand. She was a martial artist and had always been on guard, so she was naturally much faster than Feng Yuxuan who had acted angrily. She pulled Mo Xuetong forcefully. Feng Yuxuan didn't expect that a maidservant had such great strength. Immediately, she pulled Mo Xuetong behind her.

It happened very fast, and they were standing by the side of the road. Mo Xuetong seemed to rush forward and tripped over something. She was about to fall to the ground, but the maidservant beside her hurriedly reached out to hold her. Finally, she stopped when she approached King Chu and was pulled back behind the maidservant.

A maidservant reacted so quickly. Feng Yuxuan was stunned and his expression turned dark. He stretched out his hand and wanted to pull her back. Suddenly, he heard a clear voice behind him. "Greetings, King Chu, Consort Xuan!"

There was someone else here. The two of them involuntarily turned around. Feng Yuxuan's hand retracted silently and the sinister expression on his face disappeared. He looked as gentle as ever. Following the voice, he saw a young man dressed in a light blue brocade robe with algae patterns, looking elegant and handsome. He was Qin Yufeng, who had just become the Number One Scholar.

He had come from behind Feng Yuxuan. He looked at the two of them with a grin, as if he had not sensed the strange atmosphere between the two of them at all!

Feng Yuxuan turned around subconsciously and walked forward slowly. As he was a few steps away from Mo Xuetong, he asked with a smile. "Yufeng, why are you here?"

"I entered the palace with King Ning just now. King Ning wanted to see the Empress Dowager inside. I went with him and paid my respects. Then, I came back myself," Qin Yufeng explained with a smile. He looked as if he had just arrived. His eyes drifted over to Mo Xuetong's pale face with a smile. After a pause, he looked away quietly.

Today's banquet was held for the top three in the imperial examination, so it was normal for Qin Yufeng to appear in the palace. With Qin Yufeng's current status and age, it was obvious that he would have a promising future. King Ning, Feng Yuzhen, expressed his goodwill to him, and it was normal for him to invite Qin Yufeng to the palace to visit the Empress Dowager.

"It's still early for the banquet. Why don't you have a walk with me?" Feng Yuxuan offered with a smile. Qin Yufeng used to be one of his men. He had never been an official because he was on his side wholeheartedly and gave advice to him. However, Feng Yuxuan could not figure out what he meant now.

Since Qin Yufeng was the new Number One Scholar, many people came to the Qin Manor recently, so it was not convenient for Feng Yuxuan to show up in front of him and they had not had a good talk. Now it was still early, so Feng Yuxuan wanted to have a talk with Qin Yufeng and ask him what he was going to do. No matter whether Qin Yufeng was going to become an official or not, Feng Yuxuan thought that he was on his side.

Qin Yufeng was a talented person, a young and capable person who used to give advice to him. Therefore, Feng Yuxuan felt that he had to collect him and he thought this should not be a problem. The two of them had been getting along well for a long time. Even if Qin Yufeng had changed his mind, he would stop him!

It was rare to have such a good opportunity. Feng Yuxuan thought about it and felt that the opportunity was not bad. He immediately changed his mind to stop Mo Xuetong. There were still chances for him to deal with Mo Xuetong in the future, so there was no rush. However, he had to show his kindness to Qin Yufeng, as well as threaten him with his power as soon as possible, lest Feng Yuzhen got benefit.