Chapter 679

Chapter 679 Sweetness, the Warnings in the Carriage

In the Buddha hall, Imperial Noble Consort Wen stood there dazedly, holding on to the door frame. Her eyes followed Feng Yulei’s figure and watched him leave quickly as if he were avoiding a scourge. Her heart ached and she could not help but shed tears. However, she was determined and soon stopped being sad. She looked around carefully before leaving quietly.

Outside the door, a palace maid dressed as a maidservant was waiting there with a lantern in her hand. Mo Xuetong and Feng Yuran saw the dim yellow light going to the back door.

“Imperial Noble Consort Wen is… is King Yan’s birth mother?” Mo Xuetong was shocked too deeply. She stared dazedly at the light that went far away and muttered, “Then, is the Sixth Princess not her daughter?”

What happened in the palace was really weird!

She had once wondered why Imperial Noble Consort Wen would come out to show her goodwill to the Empress. She had thought that she was looking for a way out for herself or that she was more optimistic about Feng Yulei’s future. That was why even the Sixth Princess was on Feng Yulei’s side. It was only now that she realized that Feng Yulei was Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s biological son. This matter was too unbelievable.

Imperial Noble Consort Wen had hidden so deeply. She had plotted against the Empress and Ding General Manor as well as Beauty Ling. She was too astute. Whatever such a person did made her suspect. Mo Xuetong inexplicably thought of the Sixth Princess and sighed. After saying that, she felt that she was making a blind guess.

Feng Yuran curled his lips and said with a smile, “Tong’er, do you think that Imperial Noble Consort Wen is an evil person, and might have stolen other’s daughter since she had replaced her son with another woman’s?” Then, he took Mo Xuetong down from the roof. It was obviously not good for her health to feel the wind on the roof at this time.

“That’s what I think. There’s no reason for her to be on par with Consort Su when she doesn’t have a son.” Mo Xuetong walked towards the back door with one of Feng Yuran’s arms half around her. She did not hide her thoughts at all. When she thought of how Imperial Noble Consort Wen looked like the first time she saw her, she felt that she was a rare kind person.

However, to her surprise, her means were so vicious!

Mo Xuetong knew very well that if the Empress had not weakened, Imperial Noble Consort Wen would not have taken the initiative to come out. Then others would not have suspected her. The current situation was beneficial to Consort Su and King Chu. The only one who could suppress Consort Su was the Empress, but things happened to her again and again. Now she had no choice but to retreat behind the scenes.

Even though she was still in the position of the Empress, the Empress did not have much of an advantage when compared to Consort Su who held real power. Furthermore, Feng Yulei had gotten into trouble again and again. King Yan, who was originally full of energy, was in a mess. Imperial Noble Consort Wen had no choice but to stand up.

“Are you going to tell His Majesty about this?” Mo Xuetong asked after a sigh.

It was extremely dangerous for Imperial Noble Consort Wen to stay by Emperor Zongwen’s side. She could bear it for so long and send her own son to another woman. Furthermore, she had even poisoned Beauty Ling who had protected Feng Yulei. One could tell that she was extremely vicious and might harm others at any time.

There was only one throne. Imperial Noble Consort Wen would do anything for Feng Yulei to get the throne. Such a person was so terrifying that they had to get rid of her before she could do anything. After the miseries of her previous life, Mo Xuetong believed that it was better to strike first. They should give Imperial Noble Consort Wen a fatal blow when she was still focusing on Feng Yuxuan.