Chapter 638

Chapter 638 The Sixth Princess’s Thoughts

“She is a prince’s future consort and from such a powerful family. What’s more, I heard that the Third Prince is the legitimate son of the current Empress. The future Emperor of the Southern Barbarian Lands might not be Crown Prince Xieyue!” Even though You Yuecheng’s words were reserved, the Sixth Princess had understood what he meant.

“Then what should we do now?”

“Don’t do anything but wait.” You Yuecheng looked at the Sixth Princess who had obviously turned happy with a hint of darkness in his eyes. “Sixth Princess, you are too impatient!”

“Am I impatient?” The Sixth Princess frowned, looked at You Yuecheng, and said hesitantly, “I… Father… Xieyue, I’m afraid… I don’t want to marry into the Southern Barbarian Lands.”

After that, she looked at You Yuecheng with sad eyes. Suddenly, she lost control and grabbed You Yuecheng’s hand. “Your Excellency, am I continue waiting? I can’t wait any longer! If we continue waiting, Father will issue a decree. At that time, it will be too late for us to do anything.”

You Yuecheng looked up at her, but his attitude remained calm. He reached out to touch the wrist of the Sixth Princess. The Sixth Princess felt a pain in her wrist and could not help but release her grip. She looked at You Yuecheng with tears. At this moment, she was both excited and painful. She was no longer the calm and collected Sixth Princess.

“Are you, really going to let me marry Crown Prince Xieyue?” She reached out her hand again and held You Yuecheng’s hand fearlessly. The affection in her beautiful eyes was obviously revealing. “Did you really not notice my feelings for you at all? Are you really treating Ling Mingyan so well that you refuse to accept me for her sake? Ding General Manor, Ding General Manor is supporting Eldest brother now. How could they stand on Third brother’s side because of Ling Mingyan?”

Tears trickled down her cheeks. The Sixth Princess knew that she was a calm person and she had never lost her composure. Even when she watched him get married, she still stood by the side with a smile and congratulated him. However, what had happened in the past few days had disturbed her heart even though her mother had comforted her repeatedly and said that she would definitely make the Emperor change his mind.

But was it so easy to change the Emperor’s mind?

Her mother had hinted so many times, but the Emperor still didn’t issue a decree to order the Seventh Princess to marry Crown Prince Xieyue. The Sixth Princess had turned from calm to anxious, and her heart had already been in a mess.

“Sixth Princess, this is King Yan’s Manor.” You Yuecheng raised his handsome face and stretched out his hand again. This time, he did not push her hand away directly. First, he gently pressed her hand and then flicked her wrist. The pain reached her nerves and she could not help but loosen her hand.

The sharp pain and the slight contact of the two palms made the Sixth Princess’s agitated nerves gradually calm down. She was also clear that this was not a suitable place to talk, but apart from this place, as the well-educated and reasonable Sixth Princess, could she have a private conversation with Duke Mingguo’s son?

Unlike the arrogant Fifth Princess, the Sixth Princess had known the importance of reputation since she was a child. She would never chasing after a man or show any sign that she loved a man. Furthermore, the Sixth Princess was good at judging the situation. Of course, this was because the Sixth Princess had suffered a great loss.

When Bai Yihao first arrived in the Qin Kingdom, the princesses in the palace all took a fancy on the immortal-like crown prince of the Yan Kingdom. At that time, the Sixth Princess was also one of them. Regardless of Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s stop, she had even secretly sent a purse to Bai Yihao.