Chapter 706

Chapter 706 The Follow-up to the Matter between the Sixth Princess and King Ning…

Mo Xuetong had heard about what happened after the Sixth Princess returned to the palace from Feng Yuran. Coupled with part of her conjectures, the matter seemed to have become clear.

The Sixth Princess left the palace without permission and even caused such a big scandal. All the people in Fragrance House at that time remarked that the Sixth Princess was vicious and arrogant, even more malicious than the young lady of Ding General Manor. As soon as the news was spread, coupled with the gossip about her ugly appearance, the Sixth Princess’s reputation was really ruined.

The things over the Sixth Princess happened at the banquet and those who attended it were all noble ladies and madams. These people were clear about it. As long as Emperor Zongwen gave a hint, these people would not say a word, which kept the number of people who had a bad impression of the Sixth Princess in a small range.

That was why the matter between the Sixth Princess and Ling Mingyan could be concealed.

However, it was different now. People eating in Fragrance House were of all stripes. At that time, it was said that the noble Sixth Princess had a conflict with the people from King Ning’s Manor, so more people came to watch it. Later, some people left for their own business. The news spread very fast. When the palace received the news and sent someone to come, the news had set the whole capital on fire.

Everyone knew that the Sixth Princess was vicious and ugly. She was a scum of the royal family. The situation had been out of control.

Emperor Zongwen was furious and directly sent people to catch the Sixth Princess and take her back to the palace. Then she was locked up in their own palace and Emperor Zongwen strictly ordered that no one was allowed to visit her. Imperial Noble Consort Wen knelt in the imperial study for an entire afternoon but was still unable to receive Emperor Zongwen’s forgiveness. This caused Imperial Noble Consort Wen, who had been quite popular recently, to suffer a blow.

The original praise for her in the palace began to change into another version!

How could a mother not know that her daughter was so vicious? Furthermore, the Sixth Princess had been raised by Imperial Noble Consort Wen personally. Everyone had said that she was like her mother and that she behaved exactly like Imperial Noble Consort Wen. If something had not repeatedly happened to her recently, no one would have thought that the Sixth Princess would be so vicious.

Then what about Imperial Noble Consort Wen? Wasn’t everything she had done up to now just a show?

She was just better at hiding her thoughts than the Sixth Princess…

Because of what happened to the Sixth Princess, the palace was full of doubts about Imperial Noble Consort Wen.

However, what annoyed Emperor Zongwen even more was King Ning. The Emperor, who had always been polite to King Ning, could not help but throw the paperweight in his hand in front of King Ning. The latter was so frightened that he knelt on the ground and shivered. The Empress Dowager was scared and did not have time to pretend to be ill. She hurried over from Cining Palace and pleaded with Emperor Zongwen in person.

The concubine of King Xuan’s Manor claimed to be the concubine of King Ning’s Manor and helped the people of King Ning’s Manor to confront the Sixth Princess. How much courage did it take? It also hinted the close relationship between the concubine and King Ning’s Manor.

It was easy to investigate Concubine Yun. After an investigation, the Emperor immediately learned that she was bestowed onto Feng Yuran by the Empress Dowager. She had known King Ning when she was still in the Empress Dowager’s palace. It was said that the beautiful-looking Concubine Yun had a good relationship with King Ning then. Furthermore, after she entered King Xuan’s Manor, her relationship with King Ning’s Manor had been existing.