Chapter 663

Chapter 663 King Ning Feng Yuzhen’s Bridal Chamber

King Ning’s Manor had been very quiet recently. Even after King Ning got the Emperor’s imperial edict that he would marry Princess Caifeng of the Southern Barbarian Lands, who was said to be very powerful, the manor was still very low-key. Since Wang Yueyue, King Ning’s legal wife, had passed away because of that incident, Feng Yuzhen had been pushed into the teeth of the storm and almost gotten himself into trouble.

Since then, he had been more low-key in front of people.

Since this marriage was related to the relationship between the two countries, Emperor Zongwen also attached great importance to it. He had already sent people to help Feng Yuzhen prepare the bridal chamber. Of course, the previous bridal chamber could not be used anymore. The late Consort Ning died at a young age not long ago, and it seemed to be inauspicious.

And the original scale was not large enough. No matter what, King Ning was going to marry a princess of another country, so he had to make it look more decent.

The bridal chamber was bound to be rebuilt. Feng Yuzhen was King Ning. Building a house was a matter for the Imperial Household Department, and it also had something to do with the Ministry of Works. The Ministry of Works and the Imperial Household Department had sent people over. They had to finish the job within a month and make sure that the Southern Barbarian Lands could not find fault with it.

The official sent by the Ministry of Works was none other than the former minister of the Ministry of Works, Lian An. During this period of time, Lian An had aged a lot. He was no longer a young assistant minister of the Ministry of Works, full of enthusiasm. He had gone from being a first-grade official to a fifth-grade official. No one with a low degree of mental health could bear it.

However, Lian An was obviously not one of them. He had a strong ability to resist blows. He still ordered his men to take care of the affairs, suffered together with his men under the sun, and commanded the progress of the whole site. The person from the Imperial Household Department was an incompetent man. After a few words of command at the site, he left the position to Lian An and didn’t care about it anymore.

Although it was said that Lian An had bad conduct recently, he was still trustworthy in ability!

Lian An didn’t let others down. Under the sun, he commanded the people from the Ministry of Works and the Imperial Household Department to speed up the work. When it was break time, he took a rest in a wing room by the side and took a sip of water. As he was about to go out to continue to command, a little eunuch suddenly came through the door and asked with a smile when he saw Lian An, “Are you Minister Lian, Lian An of the Ministry of Works?”

Lian An put down the teacup in his hand and asked respectfully, “What’s the matter?” In a prince’s manor, only the official master of the manor was capable of dispatching several eunuchs. In King Ning’s Manor, the only official master was King Ning, Feng Yuzhen.

“His Highness wants to ask Minister Lian about the details of the construction. Do you have time to go with me to tell His Highness the details?” The eunuch was very polite.

How could he not have time when King Ning invited him? Lian An nodded and gave his assistant a few more instructions before he followed the eunuch into the depths of the manor.

They were now in the middle of King Ning’s Manor, where the location of the bridal chamber would be. From that point of view, it could be seen that King Ning was very respectful to Princess Caifeng. They walked through two gardens and a path, and arrived at Feng Yuzhen’s study. The eunuch waved his hand and said, “Minister Lian, please!”