Chapter 646

Chapter 646 The Mo Manor Was Haunted, Which Was Scary

Mo Ye returned to King Xuan’s Manor the next morning. At the same time, she brought news that Auntie Qing of the Mo Manor had fallen ill from fright. It was said that Yuerong Yard where Auntie Qing lived was haunted last night. According to her personal maidservant Nuanxiang, Auntie Qing saw a female ghost wearing a long white linen dress and her hair streaming behind her appeared at the head of her bed in Yuerong Yard.

It was a little similar to the Fourth Miss. Nuanxiang entered the room as she heard an unusual sound in the room.

In the evening, Auntie Qing rested early and did not ask anyone to accompany her at night, which was contrary to the way she usually behaved. Unexpectedly, such a thing happened in the middle of the night. Nuanxiang had slept outside. When she heard Auntie Qing’s scream, she rushed in and saw a pale and miserable figure at the head of the bed. When the figure saw her coming in, she opened her big mouth and grinned at her.

Then, in the midst of her scream, the figure disappeared in an instant.

The others in Yuerong Yard all rushed in when they heard the noise. Then they saw the unconscious Auntie Qing and Nuanxiang who were frightened and fell on the ground. One of them called, “Qiong’er,” and the other muttered, “Fourth Miss.” Yuerong Yard immediately became noisy. Later, the matter even reached Xu Yan.

She sent people to have a look, but these people found nothing. Since it was still midnight, she asked everyone to sleep separately.

The next morning, Nuanxiang returned to normal, but Auntie Qing, who had fainted out of fear, kept saying that she had harmed Mo Xueqiong after she woke up. She saw Mo Xueqiong in a daze and curled up in the corner of the bed. No matter how others tried to persuade her, she did not dare to put her head out.

Once there was a slight noise, she screamed in shock, “Mo Xueqiong is here.” It caused a mess in the whole yard! Everyone thought that she missed her daughter so much that she was a little crazy.

“My Lady, I saw some valuable jewelry in Auntie Qing’s room, which was placed in a hidden compartment beside her bed. When I went in, Auntie Qing was looking through the jewelry. There were several pure gold bracelets. They looked solid and had gems on them.”

Mo Ye reported to Mo Xuetong. She was also shocked back then. Auntie Qing was an unfavored concubine, so it was impossible for her to have such valuable jewelry. Although the government office where Mo Huawen worked for was profitable, Mo Xuetong who had lived with him for a long time knew that her father would not make personal fortunes from it.

Mo Huawen had always wanted to be an upright official, so even though his favorite daughter had married King Xuan, he had never said a good word for him. He usually did things according to official rules and did not protect Feng Yuran at all. Mo Huawen was the first one to report to the Emperor that Feng Yuran beat some of his concubines to death.

Of course, there were also people saying that Mo Huawen was crafty, deliberately mystifying and obviously up to no good.

However, regardless of whether it was true or not, Mo Huawen was a smart person. He would never do anything greedy at such a sensitive time. As such, it was impossible for Mo Huawen to have such valuable gold accessories in his hands. The origin of his concubine’s solid pure gold accessories was rather suspicious.

“Mo Ye, where do you think you’ve seen a similar accessory before? Or what kind of person can afford such an accessory?” Mo Xuetong smiled slightly as a hint of enchanting coldness on her beautiful face. She did not even know that her smile was very similar to her handsome husband’s angry face.