Chapter 700

Chapter 700 Flying into a Rage, Concubine Qin Was out of Control

“I… I…” Concubine Yun, who had been eloquent, stammered.

To enter the palace was like living in the sea as they could not go back at will. Some palace maids would not leave for the rest of their lives once they walked into the palace. There was nothing to discuss about family affection. Not to mention a little palace maid, even the consorts in the palace were unable to go back home as they wanted.

Many high-ranking consorts couldn’t leave the palace in their whole lives. Who could say that this order was unreasonable? Who dared to say that…?

“Concubine Yun, are you blaming me for not taking care of your family? So you came here together and asked me to allow you to go home so that you can reunite with your family? Do you need me to personally send gifts to your family to perform filial duty in your place?”

Mo Xuetong looked at Concubine Yun and the others and asked indifferently. Her words made the few of them deeply ashamed and resentful.

In the capital, no matter which manor it was, no one treated a concubine’s family as their relatives, not to mention a prince’s manor. A concubine’s status was not as useful as that of a competent first maidservant here. Furthermore, they were not an official concubine in King Xuan’s Manor. Their status was similar to that of a servant in the manor.

How could they want to go home at every festival?

If this kind of thing got out, it would only be a joke. What was more, it would be a slap in the face to ask the noble Consort Xuan to prepare gifts for them.

This time, Concubine Yun blushed, and the arrogant Concubine Qin was ashamed and hateful. Originally, she did not expect to get permission. However, Concubine Yun persuaded them again and again. As Concubine Yun was bestowed by the palace, the other two thought that maybe Mo Xuetong would accede to their request. Unexpectedly, Mo Xuetong’s words were like a direct slap in their faces. Worse, they could not think of anything to say.

They only felt that they had come today to humiliate themselves!

“My Lady, we, we just wanted to ask… We, we don’t mean anything else. I don’t dare to trouble you,” Concubine Yun stuttered with a hollow smile as she could finish her words.

“My Lady, sorry. Sister Yun was just asking. She… she didn’t mean anything. Please don’t be angry, My Lady. Please forgive us,” Concubine Wen also said in a trembling voice. She had been timid, and when she saw that Mo Xuetong’s face was stiff, she couldn’t even speak clearly and kept apologizing.

Mo Xuetong did not say anything, but the sharpness in her eyes faded a little. However, there was still no smile on her face. Her gaze fell on Concubine Qin, which made the latter a little uneasy. Helpless, Concubine Qin said, “My Lady, please forgive us. We just miss our family too much. We thought that you might understand us, so…”

“Concubine Qin, do you mean that I am not benevolent at all and do not understand how much you miss your family?” Mo Xuetong interrupted Concubine Qin impolitely, with a hint of sarcasm in her eyes. This was the first time she had spoken so sharply in front of the other concubines.

Originally, she did not care about the people in the back courtyard. But now, it seemed that these people knew how to test her. It could be seen that some things had already been done. Not wanting to beat around the bush with them at this point, Mo Xuetong went straight to the point.

“I… I’m not…” Concubine Qin almost lost control because of Mo Xuetong’s question. If Concubine Yun had not reached out to grab her, she would have lost her temper at that time. She was the legitimate daughter of a duke’s manor and devoted herself to Feng Yuran. She even went back to her home to find her father for help. She did not expect to be embarrassed by Mo Xuetong.