Chapter 717

Chapter 717 Gag Her and Let His Highness Interrogate Her

The other young ladies were really burned, especially Wang Yilan. The burnt area on her leg was the largest, and the injury was also the most terrible. The female physician applied medicine to these ladies’ injuries again before leaving.

“Second Miss Yu, you were sitting right at the end. With no one on one of your sides, Miss Wang was sitting on the other side. Did you hit Second Miss Yu, Miss Wang?” Mo Lan walked forward and asked in Mo Xuetong’s place.

Wang Yilan also figured out what had happened back then. She glared at Yu Siyan in anger and answered with hatred, “I didn’t hit Yu Siyan. It was she who poured all the water on me.” She was burned the most. Although medicine was applied to her wound, she still felt bursts of heart-wrenching pain. Thinking of the weird behavior of Yu Siyan, she immediately realized that she had been used.

“Second Miss Yu, no one hit you, but you poured all the water in your cup onto Miss Wang and even pretended to be injured. Second Miss Yu, what do you mean by doing this? Could it be that Second Miss Yu was trying to enter Her Lady’s inner room intentionally?” Mo Lan looked up quietly and stared at Yu Siyan whose eyes were flickering.

“My Lady, that’s not the case, Siyan is like a child and is timid. When she found that her dress was wet, she thought that she had been hurt as well. She didn’t have time to see it clearly. My Lady, she is a child. It is inevitable for her to make a mistake when she was in a panic. And what happened to you… has nothing to do with Siyan… My Lady, you can’t vent your anger on her.”

Standing by the side, Mdm Chen tried to defend her daughter. She brought up the former topic again. It sounded as if Mo Xuetong had pushed Yu Siyan out because she wanted to vent her anger and hide the truth.

Mo Xuetong gave a cold smile and questioned sharply, “She is like a child? Mdm Chen, if I remember correctly, your daughter is older than me. How could you claim that she is like a child? As for venting my anger? Why should I vent my anger on her?”

Yu Siyan was very young, but the problem was that Mo Xuetong, Consort Xuan, was even younger!

“My Lady, King Chu’s robe and private letter have nothing to do with Siyan. My Lady, aren’t you venting your anger on her when you pushed her out?” Mdm Chen’s forehead was already covered with sweat. She had no choice but to fight back. She pointed at the robe and a few pieces of letters that were still on the ground that were written.

“Mdm Chen, who told you that it’s King Chu’s robe, and who told you that these are King Chu’s letters?” Mo Xuetong asked with a cold smile on her face. “Somebody, fetch the letter and let everyone see what’s in it.”

“Yes, My Lady!” Mo Lan picked up the robe and letters with a few maidservants from King Xuan’s Manor. They spread out the papers and placed them on the table. Everyone involuntarily looked at them.

They had not seen it clearly when these letters were on the ground earlier. At this point, they found that the letter papers were old and the color of the creases had faded a little. When they were flattened, everyone could see that the words on it were indeed written by a man. There were a few pieces of poetry written on it. When these people read them carefully, they realized that they were filled with sadness, and that each word expressed the author’s lovesickness and grief. And, they were signed by Mo Huawen.

“My mother made this robe for my father before, but she did not finish it until she was gone. When my father arrived in the capital, I stayed in Cloud City, and this robe was left with me. As I came to the capital, I brought it to miss my mother. After all, it’s the last robe left by my mother.”