Chapter 701

Chapter 701 Concubine Yun Takes the Risk to Go out

It was very lively on the street. From time to time, one could see the carriages passing by slowly. It was the time of crisp autumn. Most of the carriages had gauze curtains hanging on them. The doors were opened in front and the window curtains were slightly lifted up. People outside could occasionally see the half-covered image of a beauty in the carriage. The figure was vague, but had an unusual charm.

The horse carriage of King Xuan’s Manor came in and out from the side door. The side door was close to the back courtyard, but it still belonged to the front yard. It was normal for the horse carriage to come in and out. When the carriage reached the side door, a maidservant got out and took out a token. The old maidservant in charge took the token and looked at it carefully. Then, she tilted her head and looked into the carriage while asking curiously.

“Miss Hong’er, where is Concubine Yun going? Why does she have time to go out today?”

“Custodian Han, you’ve made a mistake. It’s not Concubine Yun. It’s me who wants to go out. Concubine Yun is not in good health and needs to take medicine from time to time. This is a token given by His Highness. Do you not allow me to go out?” Hong’er put her hands on her hips, raised her head, and said disdainfully.

“Miss Hong’er, I don’t have such great power. It’s rare to see a token given by His Highness, so I asked you the question. Miss Hong’er, please forgive me, an old woman, for being ignorant.” Custodian Han seemed to have a good tongue. She put away the token in her hand, bowed her head, and said with a smile.

“Well, I don’t talk to you anymore. I have to go to the pharmacy for our concubine. Give the token back to me!” Hong’er stretched out her hand and said proudly. Concubine Yun was one of the first batch of concubines who were sent to the manor, and she was from the palace, so she had been very popular for about one month in the back courtyard. Hong’er was her personal maidservant, and was also brought from the palace. She naturally looked down on a lowly old maidservant who guarded the side door of the manor.

“Oh, Miss Hong’er, I can’t give it back to you. I’ll keep it for you.” Custodian Han smiled.

“What? Don’t tell me that you won’t allow me to go out today?” There was already some anger on Hong’er’s face, as she straightened her eyebrow and raised her eyes.

“What are you talking about, Miss Hong’er? How dare I not allow you to go out? Miss Hong’er, you haven’t gone out recently, so you don’t know that King Xuan’s Manor has changed the rules. Her Lady has ordered that those who go out must show the token. Of course, you naturally have it.” Seeing that Hong’er was about to lose her temper, the smile on Custodian Han’s face became bigger. “After seeing the token, I have to keep it.”

The management of King Xuan’s Manor’s back courtyard had been very lax previously. It was quite convenient to enter and exit. There was no need for one to enter or exit the side door of the front courtyard. Concubine Yun often left secretly and it did not need to inform anyone. However, it was different now. Since something like that had happened at the back door, Feng Yuran had closed the door. The closest door for Concubine Yun to enter and exit was the side door that was close to the back courtyard.

It was normal for the entire King Xuan’s Manor to be under strict rules since the concubines in the back courtyard had behaved improperly, which caused something bad to happen.

The concubines in the back courtyard had sneaked out from the closed door before, but now no one could walk through it. This was also the reason why Concubine Yun had to encourage Concubine Qin and Concubine Wen to ask Mo Xuetong to allow them to leave using Mid-Autumn Festival as an excuse. However, they did not expect that not only did they not make Mo Xuetong soft-hearted to let them go out of the manor, but Mo Xuetong also had argued with Concubine Qin.