Chapter 713

Chapter 713 The Smart Yu Siyan

Yu Siyan, who had her head lowered, hurriedly raised her head and wiped her eyes with a handkerchief. She lifted her slightly red eyes and seemed to be struggling to stand up. Mo Lan, who was standing beside her, hurriedly helped her sit down. “My Lady, I’m not seriously injured… I thought you just now, so… My Lady, you don’t mind it because you are generous. But it’s our fault to make this place like this. So, I wanted to stand up and say something…”

She sounded extremely pitiful, and she rallied the young ladies into the same camp with her, which made them also sad. There was less suspicion of her in their eyes.

“My Lady, what should we do now? These young ladies look so painful. I wonder if you could lend them your room to rest, see how their injuries are, and get changed.” Auntie Qing came out to take charge of the situation. She was the hostess today. As such an accident happened, the hostess had to think of a way to deal with it.

This incident happened in Qingwei Garden. Even though Mo Xuetong was of noble status, she could lend these young ladies a place to check their injuries and change their clothes. If Mo Xuetong did not allow them to change, it would be really unreasonable.

Furthermore, Mo Xuetong was a married daughter of the manor now. Even though the place was still reserved for her, it was just a token of the Mo Manor’s concern. In general, it still belonged to the Mo Manor. Auntie Qing was considered to be half a mistress today, and what she said made sense. As such, it was a feasible idea in reality as well as in human ethics.

Thus, Mo Xuetong could not refuse!

Actually, Mo Xuetong did not intend to refuse. Since they had plotted this so accurately, she would like to see what they were going to do next.

Giving a faint smile, she nodded in agreement. “Since they’re scalded, of course, they have to first take a look at the burns before applying the medicine. Auntie Qing, where would it be appropriate for them to take a look at their injuries and get changed?”

In addition to Mo Xuetong’s main room, there were some servants’ rooms. In the past, Mo Lan and the others used to sleep in the east wing and there were a few little maidservants in the west wing. Now, there were no people living in the courtyard, and only a few old and young maidservants came to clean it up from time to time.

“My Lady, look, they are all young ladies from noble families. To ask them to change clothes seems…” Auntie Qing uttered awkwardly. If Mo Xuetong was an ordinary married woman, it would not have to be so troublesome. They could definitely change clothes in Mo Xuetong’s room. However, Mo Xuetong was Consort Xuan, who had high status. There were some things that Auntie Qing could not say.

People of the royal family hated to have people in their houses. Mo Xuetong might not mind it in the past, but now…

However, the injured were all young ladies. It was not proper for them to casually go to the maidservant’s room to change clothes. They all came here as guests today, and this matter happened here. Mo Xuetong could not let them go to the wing room like this. It was normal for Auntie Qing to be in such a difficult situation.

No matter what, she was just a concubine, and couldn’t decide for Consort Xuan, Mo Xuetong.

The ladies and their family all turned their attention to Mo Xuetong, waiting for her to make the decision.

“Since Auntie Qing has said so, we have to let them enter my room. Otherwise, Auntie Qing will be blamed.” Mo Xuetong smiled slightly and her clear, watery eyes shone with a beam. She looked at the satisfaction that flashed across Auntie Qing’s face and the smile on her lips grew cold.