Chapter 629

Chapter 629 The Strange Hu Qianyue

After the marriage was bestowed, the banquet continued. At the moment, since the Southern Barbarian Lands and the Qin Kingdom were officially engaged, most people breathed a sigh of relief. So they toasted to the Southern Barbarian Lands’ envoys. The hall suddenly became lively. Crown Prince Xieyue also gave a toast to the princes who were sitting with him.

Seeing that he was in poor health, others didn’t force him to drink.

“Number One Scholar Qin, since Father wishes to bestow marriage upon you today, is there any young lady that you like? I can ask Father to bestow marriage upon you. What do you think?”

Feng Yuran smiled slightly as he turned around to ask Qin Yufeng who sat below him. His pretty eyes shone brightly. What had happened earlier did not affect him at all, so he was in a good mood.

Qin Yufeng did not expect King Xuan to speak to him. He smiled gently and answered, “Many thanks, King Xuan. I am still young and there is not any lady I like.”

“There are so many beauties in the hall, but you don’t like either of them. Number One Scholar Qin, you’re really demanding!” Feng Yuran teased. He intentionally pondered for a moment and pointed at the legitimate daughters of several high-ranking officials sitting near the front. “Mr. Qin, look at these ladies. Not only do they come from good families, but they are also beautiful. Just now, they kept looking at you. It is obvious that they like you.”

Qin Yufeng looked up and glanced at the ladies in the distance. Indeed, when they saw him looking at them, they blushed, and lowered their heads shyly. But his eyes were as calm as water. Qin Yufeng smiled slightly and said, “King Xuan, you must be joking. They are all ladies from noble families. How would they do something against the rules for girls? I don’t dare to be brusque.”

He turned it down? Feng Yuran’s interest was aroused. He turned to look at Qin Yufeng up and down and praised, “Number One Scholar is so talented and handsome but why are you so pedantic? A gentleman will woo a gentle and graceful young woman he loves. Look at my Third brother. He likes Miss Hu, so he gives her a token directly. This is a matter of love. What’s there to be brusque about?”

At this time, he looked at Qin Yufeng with deep eyes as if he was really praising Feng Yulei. Feng Yulei, who was sitting beside him, was so angry that he almost spat out a mouthful of blood. He looked at his handsome yet ignorant brother with disdain and turned his head to the other side. He did not intend to talk to him.

“King Xuan, you must be joking. How could I be able to be brusque to the ladies.” Qin Yufeng smiled slightly and refused lightly.

“Number One Scholar Qin, is there someone you like?” Feng Yuran’s smile grew even brighter. His deep and beautiful eyes shone, but one could not see what he meant.

“No.” Qin Yufeng shook his head.

Feng Yuran smiled and said, “It turns out that Number One Scholar Qin is totally focused on studying. Even now, you still don’t remember your own marriage. Why don’t I choose a few beautiful ladies for you?”

“Many thanks for your kindness, Your Highness, but I don’t want to get married now. Furthermore, I do not need too many beauties. I only hope that there will be one girl whom I could hold hands with. One wife is enough.” Qin Yufeng smiled lightly. His expression did not change at all. Even though his tone was gentle, his refusal was obvious.

“Eighth brother, if Number One Scholar Qin can’t find someone he likes, then forget it,” Feng Yuxuan interrupted with a smile. Then, he turned to Qin Yufeng and said, “If Number One Scholar Qin likes some lady in the future, I will definitely ask Father to grant marriage to you.”