Chapter 613

Chapter 613 Princess Caifeng’s Arrogant Aura

Originally, Mo Xuetong did not want to attend the banquet in the imperial palace. King Xuan’s Manor was already in a mess. King Chu, King Yan, and King Ning would come almost every day. It was said that it had already been in a mess at the link between the front yard and the inner yard. The servants in the manor were busy, and Princess Caifeng was rather spoiled.

From time to time, she would come up with some tricks, which worn out the servants of the entire manor. Even though the other princes did not go too far because Feng Yuran didn’t show up, but in the eyes of outsiders, what they saw was that they came to King Xuan’s Manor every day and ordered the servants here to run back and forth. They did not seem to respect King Xuan at all.

There were already rumors outside that the one for marrying Princess Caifeng should be selected from King Chu, King Yan, and King Ning. King Xuan, who had been accompanying Consort Xuan, should not be able to be selected. Otherwise, he would not have allowed those princes to enter his manor at will.

Needless to say, Princess Caifeng did not have a good reputation. The marriage between the two countries was decided by the two countries, and she would not be allowed to choose her husband. Moreover, she had an ambiguous relationship with these princes every day. In just a few days, Princess Caifeng had changed from a high and mighty princess of the Southern Barbarian Lands to an unrestrained woman.

Before she knew it, her reputation had already been ruined!

Mo Xuetong had long known about it. No matter who spread the news, it had nothing to do with her. However, when she was going to the banquet in the palace tonight, her peace was shattered. Princess Caifeng and Hu Qianyue had gotten the news from somewhere that she was almost fully recovered, so they asked her to see Princess Caifeng.

“Her Highness said that since Her Lady is feeling better, please visit her as a hostess.” The maidservant who came to pass on the message usually served Princess Caifeng, and was used to being arrogant. When she came to Mo Xuetong’s yard, she raised her head high and looked down upon her.

Mo Ye stood guard at the door, and the maidservant did not enter, so she could only said in a loud voice outside.

Following Mo Xuetong’s order, Mo Lan walked to the door and lifted the curtains. She walked out slowly and smiled, “My Lady said that she doesn’t have time now. She will meet Her Highness in the palace later.”

You Yue’e had always been humble in front of Princess Caifeng, making the latter think that she was really nobler than a prince’s wife. Even her maidservant was disdainful of others. Upon hearing that Mo Xuetong dared to reject Princess Caifeng’s demand, the maidservant paused for a moment and then flew into a rage.

“What? Can’t Her Highness see Her Lady? Is this the way the Qin Kingdom treats guests?”

Mo Xuetong, who was seated inside, could not help but smile at Princess Caifeng’s thoughts. Princess Caifeng really thought that she was superior to everyone else. She was the wife of the prince who was the Emperor’s favorite son, and even the Empress Dowager and the Empress had to respect her for the sake of Feng Yuran in the palace. However, Princess Caifeng had come to argue with her about how to treat the guests.

“As for the way our Qin Kingdom treats guest, Princess Caifeng should have felt it over the past few days. The princes have come to accompany her every day. Isn’t it enough?” Mo Lan smiled and answered calmly. However, what she said made the maidservant blush.

Whether it was in the Qin Kingdom or in the Southern Barbarian Lands, Princess Caifeng’s behavior in the past few days had definitely violated the etiquette for women. Even though the Southern Barbarian Lands did not mind it very much, the fact that she had been mixing with men every day had gone against the etiquette for women, no matter what the reason was.