Chapter 659

Chapter 659 Luo Mingzhu’s Investigation

Luo Mingzhu had slimmed down. Even though she was not fat to begin with, her figure was still very charming. Now, she was wearing a light green coat, which was a little too big for her body. When she saw Mo Xuetong standing at the door, her eyes turned red and she seemed to be about to cry.

But when she noticed that there were so many people at the door of the courtyard, she restrained herself and showed a stiff smile on her face.

“Second Cousin, what’s wrong? Do you feel unwell?” Mo Xuetong walked forward and warmly held Luo Mingzhu’s hand as they walked in together. It was as if there was no estrangement between the two of them recently. When they arrived at the door of the house, Mo Lan lifted the curtain and lowered it when she saw the two of them entered arm in arm. Then she stood outside with Luo Mingzhu’s maidservants.

Judging from Luo Mingzhu’s expression, the maidservants could tell that she had something to say to Mo Xuetong, so they all left tactfully.

“Cousin Tong…” Luo Mingzhu opened her mouth the moment she sat down on the chair. However, when she spoke, tears could not stop flowing down. She picked up her handkerchief and covered her mouth. As a result, she could not even speak clearly for a moment.

“Second Cousin, what’s the matter? Did something really happen? It doesn’t matter. Just tell me slowly. We might have a solution if we discuss it together. Look at how wronged you are. Did Sir Li bully you?” Mo Xuetong picked up a handkerchief beside her and handed it to the other woman while she comforted her softly.

A hint of worry flashed across her eyes. Luo Mingzhu was obviously out of control today. She had always been straightforward and careless, and had never been so wronged.

Luo Mingzhu’s tears flowed more and even faster when she heard Mo Xuetong’s concern. She covered her lips with the handkerchief but could not hold on no matter how hard she tried. As such, she started to sob. She had planned to talk about the matter properly when she first came. However, when she saw Mo Xuetong, she felt a mixture of emotions. Her heart was filled with pain, hate, grievance, and a little guilt. She felt that she could not even open her mouth.

After a long while, she managed to recover under Mo Xuetong’s persuasion.

Mo Xuetong ordered a maidservant outside to bring in a basin of water. After the maidservant waited on Luo Mingzhu to wash her face, she ordered her to leave.

“Second Cousin, have a cup of tea first. Let’s talk about it after a while. Don’t hide it in your heart if there’s anything. We are cousins, so there’s nothing you can’t talk to me.” Mo Xuetong pushed the teacup in front of Luo Mingzhu and said softly, “Take a sip first. If there’s anything, it’s better to discuss it with another person than to bear it on your own.”

Looking at the sincere concern on Mo Xuetong’s beautiful face, Luo Mingzhu lowered her head and let out a long sigh. Then, as if she had made up her mind, she looked up at Mo Xuetong and stated, “Cousin Tong, do you know that your mother is not grandmother’s biological daughter?”

Her words exploded in Mo Xuetong’s heart like thunder.

“Pa!” Mo Xuetong could not hold the lid in her hand steadily and slammed it against the teacup. She collected herself, looked at Luo Mingzhu and asked hoarsely, “Second Cousin, how, how could you say something like that? If my mother is not grandmother’s daughter, could she be someone else’s daughter?”

It was not that she was unwilling to tell Luo Mingzhu about it. There were many things involved in this matter. Perhaps, the entire Fu General Manor would be implicated. Something related to King Jin’s Manor was a big deal of treason. Even though the current Emperor did not find King Jin’s descendant publicly, he did not seek justice for him. No matter what, Mo Xuetong’s mother’s identity couldn’t be disclosed.