Chapter 605

Chapter 605 A Token, Feng Yulei’s Token of Engagement

In the room, a broken cup was on the ground, and the tea inside spilled all over the floor.

On the bed, Princess Caifeng was dressed thinly and leaned against King Yan Feng Yulei’s chest. Feng Yulei held her waist with one hand. The two cuddled together tightly. Hearing others’ footsteps, they looked up together. At the sight of You Yue’e’s pale face at the door, Feng Yulei subconsciously put down his hand, stood up quickly, and took a few steps back.

Princess Caifeng’s reaction was to pull her collars up forcefully. Looking at the men at the door, she screamed subconsciously. Who could tell her what was happening? She just wanted to seduce Feng Yulei a bit. She had intentionally dropped the cup and screamed in shock. When Feng Yulei came to her, she threw herself into his embrace in a panic so as to make You Yue’e, who would come in later, feel terrible. It would be best if this could make her leave.

But what was with those men?

She was confident that You Yue’e would only suffer in silence and would not tell anyone about it. After all, this matter would damage Feng Yulei’s reputation. Furthermore, she did not really want to marry Feng Yulei. Ever since she entered the capital, she had only wanted to conquer Feng Yuran. She wanted to marry Feng Yuran.

Why did other people come in and see them?

“Your Highness, Your Highness, what’s wrong? What happened?” Hu Qianyue came out of nowhere, lifted her dress, and knocked Lian An, who was standing at the door, into the room. When she got in, she saw Feng Yulei was still grabbing a piece of arm gauze that Princess Caifeng had put on the table in the hast of retreating. She was so shocked that her face changed immediately.

“King Yan, what do you mean by this?” She pointed at the arm gauze hanging from Feng Yulei and her face darkened.

Feng Yulei had completely calmed down by then. He turned around and explained to Hu Qianyue, “Her Highness wanted to drink tea just now and the teacup fell to the floor. I thought I might just get it on me when I was helping Princess Caifeng pick up the teacup!” Even though he wanted Princess Caifeng to marry him, he could not let the Emperor find out about his plot. Otherwise, if the Emperor thought that he was deliberately plotting to force Princess Caifeng to marry him, he would get nothing.

What was more, it was not good for his reputation.

So he had to defend himself at this moment.

“Yes… yes, His Highness helped me…” Princess Caifeng’s face was blanched and then livid. She hurriedly played along with Feng Yulei’s story. However, there was a hint of panic in her expression. It made one feel that something was happening between the two of them and that no one else knew about it.

“Your Highness, Princess Caifeng is the Princess that our Emperor dotes on the most. She has come to the Qin Kingdom in order to marry into your country. Her Highness does not know the characters of the princes, so she wants to investigate. She had planned to learn about what kind of men the princes were while she is injured. That was why she let you in. But now… Your Highness, our Princess has lost her reputation. What… what should we do?”

The panic on Hu Qianyue’s face was just right, as if she did not know how to deal with it. She was just an unmarried girl of16 or 17, and it was normal for her to panic.

She had just left everything to Feng Yulei!

Princess Caifeng suddenly turned her head and looked at Hu Qianyue in disbelief!

You Yue’e walked in slowly to Feng Yulei, and bowed to Feng Yulei. Then, she turned to Princess Caifeng with a smile and said softly, “It turned out to be a misunderstanding. His Highness just helped Her Highness pick up a teacup, but Her Highness’s reputation was damaged. Your Highness, why don’t we go to Father and Mother to clarify it, and prove the innocence of Princess Caifeng?”