Chapter 738

Chapter 738 Something Weird Happened in the Lan Family’s Courtyard

Seeing that there was something wrong with his expression, the Yan Empress knew that Bai Yihao was still worried. She gave a sweet smile and wrapped her soft arms around Bai Yichen’s neck. Her breath was fragrant and she smiled seductively in his ear, “Don’t worry. He still thinks that I really want to send some people to the East Palace and have been focusing on investigating the women in the Beauty Gathering Palace. When we succeed in the harem, it will be too late for him to do anything.”

“The old man won’t suspect us, will he?” Bai Yichen paused for a moment and was still a little worried.

“Don’t worry. Even if he senses something is wrong, he can’t tell his son. Most of the imperial physicians in the palace are our people. When the right time comes, whichever palace he will die in, it has nothing to do with us!” The Yan Empress smiled as her eyes raked over Bai Yichen’s handsome face, and she looked even more charming.

However, as the two of them were together, even though the Yan Empress was young, the faint crow’s feet at the corners of her eyes could not be hidden even with a thick layer of powder. She leaned into the arms of Bai Yichen, who looked much younger than her, soft as soap. It did not have any sense of beauty. As such, it was ridiculous for her to be so lovable and gentle.

Bai Yichen also felt uncomfortable when he looked at her, so he held her in his arms tightly so that he would not see the thick white powder on her face and she would not see the disgust in his eyes. “Have you not been sleeping with the old man these days?” he asked with concern.

“Are you jealous?” The Yan Empress was giggling up a storm, twisted in Bai Yichen’s arms and deliberately rubbed his body. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to mess with him. If he dies in my bed, I’ll get into trouble.”

All of their plans had been made, and the Emperor would die sooner or later. They didn’t dare to poison him, if Bai Yihao found out that the Emperor was poisoned, the two of them completely believed that Bai Yihao had the ability to trace it back to them. As such, they did not dare to act rashly. They could not use poison which was an obvious method to kill others.

Their method was more secretive and it was not easy to be noticed. If an Emperor was found to die in a woman’s bed, for the sake of the dignity of the royal family, instead of aggressively investigating, people would try to block the passage of information as much as possible. Even if they had some doubts, they would only investigate in secret.

The two of them did not do much in it. They had just ordered someone to instigate the Emperor to use some sex drugs when he slept with his consorts. No matter what, others would not be able to find out that they were the chief criminal. As they just did something in the medicine, no one could have imagined that the medicine the Emperor had volunteered to take had a fatal effect. It was not poison; it just contained too much analeptic. How long could an old Emperor, whose body had been weak, be able to hold on in such a situation?

“Yes, I’m jealous. Remember, you can’t sleep with him in the future!” Bai Yichen said in a very affectionate voice while he was secretly delighted. At this time, anyone who wanted to sleep with the Emperor could get into trouble. He didn’t want the Yan Empress to fail at the last moment. If Bai Yihao found any sign, it might lead to a great disaster.

His breath brushed past the Yan Empress’s ears. The tingling feeling made her speechless. She trembled all over and looked up to kiss Bai Yichen right on his lips. There was only his handsome face and affectionate eyes in her eyes. Her body turned into a puddle of spring water in his actions. She wrapped his arms tightly around Bai Yichen’s neck and tackled him!