Chapter 686

Chapter 686 Ling Mingyan’s Attention

“Madam, it’s late for you to rush over at this time. I heard that His Excellency has boarded the boat and is heading for the waterside pavilion in the middle of the lake from where he was. I walked here slowly just now, and the boat went in a straight way and is much faster than when one walks on the shore. I’m afraid that the Sixth Princess and His Excellency have already met each other…”

A maidservant said hesitantly, who was sent by Ling Mingyan just now to inquire about them.

Ever since she knew that the Sixth Princess had a crush on You Yuecheng, Ling Mingyan had been on high alert. she paid much attention to Sixth Princess. Just like today, You Yuecheng was in the front courtyard and no one knew what the Sixth Princess, who was sly and unrestrained, would do. So Ling Mingyan sent someone to keep an eye on her.

In addition, she also asked someone to stay in contact with the manservant outside so that she could know exactly what You Yuecheng was doing!

You Yuecheng explained to her what had happened in Mingguo Manor after that matter, and he would say that he really didn’t expect such a thing to happen and the Sixth Princess to have such a feeling for him. He had seen the Sixth Princess several times in King Yan’s Manor, but he didn’t talk to her very much. Unexpectedly, the Sixth Princess had a crush on him. He claimed that he would stay away from her in the future.

You Yuecheng especially told Ling Mingyan that she didn’t have to care too much about the Sixth Princess. Anyway, the princess was to marry into the Southern Barbarian Lands. What she had done must because she was unwilling to accept the marriage. Ling Mingyan just needed to be careful in the future.

You Yuecheng disclosed all things. Ling Mingyan also had found out that it was normal for You Yuecheng to come to that room to rest. Usually, when he drank too much, he would come in from that direction to rest. Many people in the manor knew of his habit, and it was Duchess Mingguo who was most likely to be involved in this matter.

The current Duchess Mingguo was not You Yuecheng and You Yue’e’s birth mother. Her family was distant relative of Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s parents’ home. However, when You Yuecheng mentioned the Sixth Princess, his eyes were calm, without any hint of obsession or joy, but containing a trace of disgust.

The incident happened in the inner courtyard, and the nanny was from Duchess Mingguo’s parents and came to Mingguo Manor when Duchess Mingguo got married. No matter what happened, it had something to do with Duchess Mingguo. If Duchess Mingguo was involved in this matter, You Yuecheng would not be involved in it. Ling Mingyan knew clearly that You Yuecheng did not like his stepmother and only pretended to be respectful.

Therefore, Ling Mingyan believed that You Yuecheng was innocent. Everything was done by the Sixth Princess and Duchess Mingguo who had done an inside job. After the guests left that day, Ling Mingyan made a big scene. In front of Duchess Mingguo, she declared that she would clean up the inner courtyard and beat the two nannies who had come to the manor with Duchess Mingguo on the spot.

Duchess Mingguo was so angry that she almost quarreled with her!

Later, Duke Mingguo reprimanded Duchess Mingguo and told her the Emperor’s meaning. Ling Mingyan stopped mentioning it under the suppression of Duchess Ding.

However, even though she did not mention it anymore, it didn’t mean that she did not mind it. She had been noticing the Sixth Princess’s every move. Furthermore, when she received news of You Yuecheng’s actions from the manservant outside, she immediately thought that the Sixth Princess was going to do something to make others believe that she was meeting You Yuecheng in private. Or perhaps, she would let everyone see that she was talking with You Yuecheng, so as to make an illusion that they were meeting in private.