Chapter 602

Chapter 602 Jealousy, Ling Mingyan’s Anger

Princess Caifeng was very annoyed because King Yan, who had just been released, was so clingy as if he had been clinging to her hand. As soon as they left the main hall, he invited her elder brother and her to be a guest in King Yan’s Manor, claiming that he would thank her well. However, no matter how she winked at her elder brother, his smart elder brother did not seem to see her and just nodded at King Yan in agreement.

Her elder brother was the Crown Prince of a country, so his words naturally counted. Even if Princess Caifeng was full of anger, she had to listen to him. So, when Crown Prince Xieyue took Princess Caifeng to King Yan’s Manor, both King Yan and Consort Yan were hospitable to their guests, and they gave them a load of presents.

However, her mind was not on this. Seeing that her elder brother and King Yan were talking happily, she got up out of boredom and said that she was going to take a walk in the yard. At this time, Consort Yan had been off to change her clothes inside, so she was not there. Under the orders of King Yan, a maidservant led her to the quiet yard. Princess Caifeng did not go far, and simply went to an octagonal pavilion to rest.

She drove the people around her outside the pavilion and asked them to play by themselves. She covered her face with a round fan, feeling bored and depressed.

Her maidservant had told her that King Xuan had long left the palace and had already returned to his own manor. However, she did not know when she would be able to go back. King Yan and her elder brother acted so warmly to each other as if they were good friends that had not seen in many years. They seemed to have a million topics to share.

“Elder Brother has always been indifferent to others. What’s wrong with him today? He acts as if he and King Yan were old friends at first sight. Why do they have so many things to talk about?”

“Hu Qianyue is still in King Xuan’s Manor now, and she should have seen King Xuan. Oh, by the way, I heard that Consort Xuan also entered the palace today. Why didn’t I see her? At that time, there was no one but the Sixth Princess, the Seventh Princess, and Consort Yan sitting beside me. With Consort Xuan’s status, she was supposed to sit beside me…”

Princess Caifeng closed her eyes and thought about it with the round fan covering her face. The longer she thought, the eagerer she was to go back as soon as possible so she could try to fight against Consort Xuan.

As she heard gentle footsteps coming, she thought that it was a palace maid. So she still leaned against the rails and closed her eyes to rest, without moving.

“Your Highness, are you asleep?” A gentle male voice came from her side with a faint smile.

King Yan?

Princess Caifeng took off the round fan on her face and looked at the smiling Feng Yulei in surprise. She blinked and asked curiously, “Your Highness, aren’t you talking to Elder Brother? Why did you come here?”

“Crown Princess has to take a break. He feels a little dizzy. So I came here specifically to see you.” Feng Yulei sat down on the railings by Princess Caifeng’s side. There was only a column between the two of them. He spoke in a casual manner. The servants around them did not say anything and still stood outside the pavilion.

“Many thanks, King Yan. I’m okay here. If Elder Brother really wants to rest, I will take him back to King Xuan’s Manor,” said Princess Caifeng with a smile, who suddenly sat up straight with her face brightened up. If her elder brother wanted to rest, why didn’t he inform her to return earlier?

“This… might not be good. Crown Prince has just fallen asleep. It would be bad for his health if he is woken up at this time,” Feng Yulei uttered in a reserved manner.