Chapter 607

Chapter 607 The Qin Manor’s Honor, Having the Number One Scholar

Since Consort Xuan was “badly ill”, the medicinal herbs were sent to King Xuan’s Manor like flowing water. The imperial physicians who had served Crown Prince Xieyue in the manor were all summoned to her. It was said that the sick Consort Xuan fell into a coma several times. After having “reformed his ways”, King Xuan had been deeply in love with Consort Xuan, and these days, he couldn’t find a time to accompany the envoys of the Southern Barbarian Lands.

Therefore, King Chu, Feng Yuxuan, had to free up some time to accompany Crown Prince Xieyue and Princess Caifeng. However, Princess Caifeng usually did not come out. When a woman’s face was hurt even though she wasn’t totally disfigured, she did not want to see too many people. Furthermore, King Chu was not the person she wanted to see.

As for King Xuan, since his wife was so ill, he could not be bothered with the envoys from the Southern Barbarian Lands!

When she heard that Consort Xuan was about to die from illness, Princess Caifeng stopped making a fuss these few days, but tried her best to create a gentle and gracious image. She even let go of all the matters concerning Hu Qianyue. Of course, Hu Qianyue had shown her loyalty many times and repeatedly said that something was odd about what had happened that day and that someone had framed her.

Originally, she was going to find Consort Yan, but soon after she came out, she met one of Consort Yan’s maidservants, who told her that Consort Yan was on the other side, so she went there with her people. Then she did not meet Consort Yan. As for what happened later, it was also beyond her expectation. Of course, Hu Qianyue also said that everyone was in a panic at that time, so she had forgotten to take responsibility for Princess Caifeng, and that it was their fault.

Because of this, two palace maids had been beaten 20 times. If not for the fact that Princess Caifeng did not bring many palace maids with her when they came and that she trusted the two of them who had been serving her and had never made such a misjudgment before, they would have been beaten to death immediately!

In the end, after Hu Qianyue repeatedly swore to the heavens, Princess Caifeng had officially forgiven her.

Happily, Princess Caifeng was ready to receive the news of Consort Xuan’s death.

King Yan, Feng Yulei, had stayed in his manor quietly ever since he returned that day. Only You Yuecheng and the Sixth Princess from the palace came to visit. The others did not dare to enter King Yan’s Manor at this time. Even if they wanted to, they did not dare to make any trouble right now.

The results of the examination had come out, and the next was the final imperial examination presided over by the Emperor. In the end, Qin Yufeng became the Number One Scholar and immediately rode through the streets for three days with the examiners. Among the top three candidates of this year, the man in the second place was a bit old and had reached his 40s, but the Number One Scholar and the man in the third place were both young and strong. Especially, the Number One Scholar was not yet 20 years old, which shocked the court and the commonalty for a while.

Furthermore, Qin Yufeng’s father, Qin Zheng, was also a high-ranking official in the imperial court. It was icing on the cake! With the help of his father and his own strength, it was foreseeable that he would have a bright future. Therefore, the Qin Manor was bustling with people. They all were the madams from a family’s back yard, and they were fighting for Qin Yufeng, trying to marry their daughter or niece into the Qin Manor.

So Mdm Yu got awfully busy!

Someone came to ask Qin Yufeng for the words written in the Number One Scholar’s own hand. Even Qin Zheng started to get busy. From time to time, there would be his colleagues who expressed their willingness to marry their daughter into the Qin Manor. Compared to the man in the third place, who didn’t have a very powerful support, Qin Yufeng was much better in every aspect.