Chapter 617

Chapter 617 Gentleness, Unusual Ideas

Feng Yuran reached out and held Mo Xuetong in his arms. They snuggled up and did not speak. He lowered his eyes slightly, and it was obvious that he did not want to speak. However, Mo Xuetong was afraid that he would keep it in his heart. She rolled her watery eyes and shook his hand, asking, “Was the He family involved in the matter of Consort Zhao?”

She would not allow Feng Yuran to crazily take revenge on the He family like he did in the past life. After all, no matter how bad the He family was, they were still Consort Xian’s family on the surface. Though they had used the chance that He Yufen plotted against Mo Xuetong to reveal the He family’s scheme in order to cut off all ties with them.

However, this could only separate the He family and King Xuan’s Manor. King Xuan’s Manor could turn a blind eye to the He family’s request for help, but they could not add insult to injury. If Feng Yuran really punished the He family himself, outsiders didn’t know the truth, but only knew that Feng Yuran was ruthless and heartless to his uncle’s family. He would be regarded as heartless, which was not good for Feng Yuran at all.

The best way was to start from Consort Zhao! However, Consort Zhao had harmed Consort Yu’s child this time. Even though it was the Emperor’s child, it had nothing to do with the He family, so it was difficult for them to get involved. Mo Xuetong knew that it was very difficult. She had brought it up at this time partly because she wanted to distract Feng Yuran’s attention, and partly because they could consider the possibility of that.

She had the same idea as Feng Yuran—never allow the He family to get away with it!

No matter what, they had to get revenge for Consort Xian!

Feng Yuran was clear about what Mo Xuetong meant. He rested his chin on Mo Xuetong’s head and stared at the portrait on the wall. He seemed to have returned to his usual composure.

“Ever since Consort Zhao moved into Anhe Palace, Mother had always been very kind to her and treated her as her own younger sister. Mother would give her all the ornaments she liked. I still remember that Mother had a pair of earrings that Father gave her as a gift, and that woman also liked them. She first deliberately mentioned it in front of Mother, but Father gave this pair of earrings to Mother when Mother had just entered the palace, so Mother would not give it to her casually. However, not long after, she broke one of the earrings, and only explained that she was careless. However, what I saw at that time was her smiling proudly behind Mother’s back. From then on, I knew that… she is not so gentle with Mother as she appears.”

“Didn’t you tell Mother at that time?” Mo Xuetong asked in a soft voice.

“Yes, I did. But Mother didn’t believe me. She only said that I was a child who didn’t know how to behave myself and talked nonsense. She even told me not to talk nonsense in the future. But not long after… Mother was killed by her.” Feng Yuran’s eyes grew cold. At that time, he was so young that he couldn’t protect his mother. So he could only see Consort Zhao treat people with two faces. However, his mother thought that he was just a kid and talked nonsense.

“Mother would have been happy if she had known that you were so sensible and wanted to protect her at such a young age.” Mo Xuetong also looked up at Consort Xian in the painting. She always looked gentle, which made people feel warm from the bottom of their hearts. Compared with Consort Zhao’s eyes and brows, Consort Xian was gentler. The warmth that came from her bones could not be imitated by Consort Zhao as she wanted.

“Mother will not die in vain. I will definitely punish the He family,” Feng Yuran stated coldly.

“Aren’t the two members of the He family still in the capital? Do you want to start with He Yuxiu?” An idea suddenly flashed through Mo Xuetong’s mind. She lifted her watery eyes and pushed Feng Yuran’s hand that was holding her away and asked anxiously.