Chapter 640

Chapter 640 Mo Yufeng’s Strange Movements

“Mother, I saw Elder brother and someone of the Yu family on the streets earlier.” Mo Xuetong went straight to the point. “Doesn’t Elder brother need to study these days?”

Mo Huawen had asked Mo Yufeng to take the last imperial exam, and naturally, he didn’t pass it in the end. Fortunately, his family members knew that he was likely to fail and did not hold out much hope for him.

“Isn’t he in the yard? Why did he sneak out again?” Xu Yan frowned and answered uncertainly, who had never had a good impression of Mo Yufeng. Even though she had never skimped him, she usually did not want to interfere in his matters. As such, Xu Yan did not ask much about his situation.

Mo Xuetong keenly grasped the meaning of her words and continued to ask, “Secretly?”

“Yeah.” Xu Yan gave a sigh. “After the exam, he had gone out to meet a few friends. He even met one of them in a brothel and your father happened to see him, who sent servants to take him back. From then on, he quietly stayed at home. When those bad friends came to see him, they were driven away by the guards.”

“Then he became reckless again. Once when your father was not at home, someone somehow sent him a message. At that time, he sneaked out from the back door, but he came soon back, only about an hour. I saw that he didn’t cause any trouble. It was said that he just strolled on the street and drank tea for a while, so I didn’t take it as a big deal and didn’t tell your father.”

Mo Xuetong thought for a while and said softly, “Mother, you have to be careful about it. You’d better not hide it from father.”

Xu Yan did not understand Mo Yufeng, but it was impossible for her to not understand him. In her past life, Auntie Fang and her daughter had been so cruel to her. Without Mo Yufeng backing them up, how could the two of them have dealt with her so openly? How could they be able to gain a firm foothold in the Mo family?

When she was just reborn, she was just suspicious of him. But now, she could basically be sure that in the tragedy of her last life, Mo Yufeng had been helping her enemies. If it weren’t for him, how could Mo Xuemin, who was still a noble lady at that time with a gentle reputation, have ganged up with Lan Xinru, Sima Lingyun’s mistress?

Sima Lingyun was the main reason for what happened in Fu General Manor, but what about Mo Yufeng? If he had not entered the manor with Sima Lingyun, and if he had not led the way for the latter, no one in Fu General Manor would have discovered that Sima Lingyun had taken something away. The pot of flowers was not a small object that could be taken away so easily.

If she remembered correctly, Mo Yufeng and Sima Lingyun had gone to the manor together at that time.

In her past life, there had been traces of Mo Yufeng everywhere in her tragical life. In this life, how could Mo Yufeng not do something? Mo Xuetong was certain that something bad would happen when Mo Yufeng was with Yu Feng recently. As such, she had especially reminded Xu Yan so that she would not fall into the trap.

Xu Yan was also very cautious so she immediately understood what Mo Xuetong meant. A hint of anger flashed in her eyes. “Is he up to something outside again?”

What did Mo Yufeng want to do? Of course, he wanted the property of the Mo Manor and the biggest enemy was either Mo Xuetong or Xu Yan. Xu Yan had thought that he was at least Mo Huawen’s eldest son, and she did not care about how cold he was every time he saw her. But now, she was a little angry.

“A few days ago, your father wanted to arrange an engagement for him, but I thought that the girl had an unruly reputation. So I asked your father to not decide now. Since he’s so restless now, I’ll tell your father to arrange the engagement for him. An unruly girl is better than a girl who is unable to control him and let him keep making trouble outside.”