Chapter 723

Chapter 723 The Inner and Outer Courtyards of Fu General Manor

It was the afternoon of the second day when Mo Xuetong woke up from her dazed state and opened her eyes slightly. Seeing the familiar curtain embroidered with flowers and butterflies, she inexplicably heaved a sigh of relief. Sensing her body, she felt that she was okay, and just a little weak.

“Her Lady has woken up.”

“Her Lady has woken up!”

“Come on, bring the medicine to Her Lady and bring some preserves Her Lady had eaten last time to help her have the medicine.”

“Okay, I’ll go and take it now. Go and check on Her Lady’s health first!”

Mo Xuetong could hear the excited babble of her personal maidservants. Even Mo Lan, who had always been calm, seemed to have lost her composure.

Mo Xuetong propped herself up and tried to sit up. She touched her head gently. Someone had already propped her up and placed a soft cushion behind her back. Mo Lan and the others helped her take the medicine and then she regained some strength.

“What… happened to me yesterday?”

“My Lady, you suddenly passed out yesterday. The physician said that you were too tired. You have been too worried and exhausted recently. His Highness came and scolded us yesterday, saying that you don’t have to care about those things and just need to take care of yourself. My Lady, don’t care about those terrible things. Anyway, His Highness has known it now, and he said he would do it and asked you to take care of your body.”

Mo Yu took over the medicine bowl and persuaded Mo Xuetong unhappily. She knew that Mo Xuetong was still worried about Fu General Manor, so she mentioned Feng Yuran on purpose, sounding as if now that King Xuan would deal with it, Mo Xuetong didn’t have to think about it. Mo Xuetong couldn’t help smiling. The maidservants around her knew that King Xuan, Feng Yuran, was not a simple person.

“That’s all. Mo Yu, just keep your mouth shut. Her Lady just asked one question, but you talked so much. Here, give Her Lady a bowl of porridge.” Mo Lan’s voice sounded from behind. She blamed Mo Yu and exchanged the porridge bowl with the medicine bowl in her hand. Since Mo Xuetong was fine, these maidservants were all in a cheerful mood.

Mo Yu pouted and retorted, “That’s not true. I’m just afraid that Her Lady will be too tired and think too much!”

Mo Ye did not say anything, and merely smiled by the side. She was usually calm and rarely showed her emotions. However, she seemed to be a little happy now.

Because Mo Xuetong woke up, these maidservants hurriedly served her medicine and porridge. As soon as she finished having them, Feng Yuran strode in. At the sight of him coming in, the maidservants all picked up the bowls and chopsticks and then left.

Feng Yuran walked over and sat at the head of the bed without saying a word. He reached out and held Mo Xuetong in his arms. When the latter heard the strong heartbeat in his chest, the fear in her heart suddenly disappeared. She couldn’t help reaching out and pulling his clothes.

The two hugged each other, and said nothing, but at this moment, they felt as if there was a kind of warmth flowing in their hearts, no matter what they did!

“Tong’er, remember, no matter where you are, you must know that I will definitely come to you,” he said in a gentle voice, with a faint murmur and his warm and pleasant breath. All these surrounded Mo Xuetong tightly, making her heart soft and sweet for a moment.

“Okay!” Mo Xuetong nodded hard. Without saying anything more, she just buried her head in his arms and absorbed his breath. They didn’t need to say anything, but they seemed to have understood everything.