Chapter 683

Chapter 683 A Quarrel in the Waterside Pavilion

The palace maid led Mo Xuetong to the first wing room on the left-hand side before he left. Those who came here were all noble madams and young ladies,with their own maidservants beside them. In this way, even if something happened, it would not have much to do with the manor. With their own servants serving them, the madams and young ladies would feel safe.

“Cousin Tong, how are you feeling now? Do you want to rest for a while?” Luo Mingzhu had become closer to Mo Xuetong ever since she told Mo Xuetong her real thoughts. Even though she noticed that Mo Xuetong felt relieved slightly, she still reached out to wipe her forehead worriedly and asked.

“Second elder cousin, don’t worry. I’m fine. I just don’t want to sit in the hall and watch them playing tricks with each other. Why don’t we go and take a look at the scenery here? I heard that the construction here is fascinating and the scenery is quite elegant.” Mo Xuetong pulled Luo Mingzhu’s hand down and held it with a smile. She did not look ill at all cause her eyes were lively.

At this time, Luo Mingzhu also understood and burst into laughter. In the hall, she sat a little far away from Mo Xuetong, which was inconvenient for them to talk. She had been very uncomfortable in the seat. Now when she came out and saw that Mo Xuetong was fine, she was relieved. After hearing the suggestion, she was also a little happy.

The two of them led their people to go out after the door of the wing room was closed. Then, they walked along a path. They were all inside the Chuihua Gate, so it was impossible for them to meet men of whom they were unfamiliar. The noble madams and young ladies were all sitting in the hall, drinking tea and chatting. The garden was very quiet, with the languor of autumn everywhere.

Through the path, the surface of the lake was sparkling. The lake was large and the scenery of the other side could not be seen from a distance. There was a waterside pavilion and a corridor that extended to the surface of the lake. The lotus flowers on the right had withered, swaying in the wind.

The two of them walked along the winding corridor to the waterside pavilion and found more than one room. There were at least seven or eight rooms in a row to the left and right. They strolled to the last room, which was a study, and there were rows of tall bookshelves arranged behind the door, was indeed a place to rest.

It was surprising to find a room full of books, and the door was open. Mo Xuetong and Luo Mingzhu were overjoyed. They had nothing to do, but now it was carefree for them to read and chat here.

Perhaps it was because Princess Caifeng and Crown Prince Xieyue were new owners of this manor. Princess Caifeng was about to get married and was busy preparing her wedding clothes. Crown Prince Xieyue had come to the Qin Kingdom, and of course, he had his own important matters to deal with. Thus, they would not care about the study, so it became a quiet place.

Now the two of them took advantage.

They each found a chair behind the big bookshelves and took out a book from them. While reading, they chatted with each other.

They sat by the last window, with tall bookshelves in front of them. The bookshelves were filled with books. The autumn breeze blew from outside the window. It was faint with a refreshing air of autumn. It made people feel more comfortable.

The two of them each brought a few maidservants. Mo Ye was trained as a secret guard and was naturally able to read. The other maidservants were also close to them and had been learning reading and writing with their mistresses since they were young, so they were able to read as well. At this moment, each of them took out a book, leaned against a corner, and flipped through it casually. It was very quiet in the room.