Chapter 729

Chapter 729 The Young Minister of Public Works of the Yan Kingdom

“Excuse me, is your miss inside?” A clean voice came from the corridor. It sounded familiar. Mo Xuetong put down the medical book in her hand and listened. But she could not figure out who it was for the moment.

“Our miss is inside; may I ask who you are…” Qing Zhu put down the fan in her hand and asked in confusion. The medicine pot was still on the stove where a small fire was burning. The smell of medical herbs was strong.

In front of her stood a clever little maidservant in green clothes, followed by a young lady who was about 15 or 16 years old. This young lady also had a handsome and straight young master beside her. The two looked similar. One might wondered if they were siblings. At the sight of this handsome young master, Qing Zhu’s face changed greatly.

She took a few steps back and made a big bow. “Greetings, Minister of Public Works!”

In the Yan Kingdom, it could be said that there were no people who did not know about the Minister of Public Works, Lan Yanwen. The most outstanding person in the Lan family was Lan Yanwen, who was from the main branch of the Lan family. He had been engaged in politics since he was 16 years old. It took him only four years to rise from a small eighth-grade official to the Minister of Public Works.

Even though he was not a minister who was in charge of the civil affairs, nor was he in charge of military affairs, he was so powerful that he was able to contend with the Crown Prince and the First Prince. He was the most powerful person in the Yan Kingdom and was also the successor of the Yan family. How could Qing Zhu not be suspicious when such a powerful person suddenly appeared in the Beauty Gathering Palace? Qing Zhu could not help but feel a little nervous. Even though Mo Xuetong’s identity had not been revealed, could it really be hidden from the intelligent Minister of Public Works?

“You don’t have to be so polite. I don’t know if your miss is free. Is it convenient for her to meet us?” Lan Yanwen asked with a polite smile.

“Our miss is free. I will report to her,” Qing Zhu replied. She straightened up and entered the room. As she turned around the flower screen, she saw that Mo Xuetong was looking at her with wide eyes. She hurriedly lowered her voice and reported, “This is Lan Yanwen, Minister of Public Works of the Yan Kingdom. He is extremely smart and I don’t know why he is here.”

Mo Xuetong immediately understood and nodded, indicating that she had understood. Even though she had no idea why the Minister of Public Works came to her, it was definitely not a good thing! It wasn’t her real identity and of course, her identity could not be exposed.

“Elder brother, are you really going to see her?” Outside the room, Lan Yuyan asked in a low voice with disdain.

She was also the girl of a branch of the Lan family, who had a status similar to Lan Luo. But because of her delicate appearance, she had been raised in the main branch of the Lan family. Usually, she went to school with the daughters of the main branch of the Lan family and thought highly of herself.

The Lan family had always done one thing. Unlike other aristocratic families, no matter whether it was from the main branch or not, as long as a beautiful girl was born, she would be raised in the main branch of the family. Then, she would become more and more beautiful. Therefore, the Lan family’s daughter’s good appearance was well-known in the Yan Kingdom. Even two of them became the in the Yan Emperor’s consorts.

“I heard that this younger sister is extremely beautiful. The elders of the manor asked me to come and have a look,” Lan Yanwen said casually.

In fact, when he had seen the list of the Beauty Contest, Lan Yanwen didn’t care about Lan Luo, his distant relative, at all. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have been here until today. However, the Beauty Gathering Palace was in the imperial palace, and it was inappropriate for him to come here rashly. So he took Lan Yuyan with him.