Chapter 690

Chapter 690 Shirk the Responsibilities

“Did something happen here? What a mess! Does it have something to do with me? I heard someone calling me from afar!” Mo Xuetong, who stood outside the crowd with a gentle smile on her face, looked at the flustered crowd in front of her and waved the fan in her hand leisurely.

“Consort Xuan!”

“It’s Consort Xuan…”

“How could it be Consort Xuan?”

The crowd gasped. The Sixth Princess, who was in the middle of the crowd, looked at Mo Xuetong in shock as an obscure light flashed in her eyes. She was a little flustered, but then the fluster was hidden behind her joyful smile.

“Eighth sister-in-law, it’s really you! We thought that…” She came over excitedly and deliberately paused.

“You thought that I was missing, Sixth Princess?” Mo Xuetong looked into the Sixth Princess’s eyes. There was a hint of contempt in her pure and beautiful eyes that the Sixth Princess could tell. The Sixth Princess had seen it, but Mo Xuetong did not panic at all. “Many thanks for your concern, Sixth Princess. I hurried over when I heard that something happened to Consort Yan. I did not expect that you care most about me. How is Consort Yan?”

Her words were gentle, without a trace of anger. Her beautiful eyes were shining, and the faint smile on her lip corners looked comfortable, but the Sixth Princess felt cold. It was a sense of coldness coming out of her heart.

Everyone knew that the Sixth Princess and King Yan had been close recently. However, something had happened to You Yue’e now, and she might not even be able to keep the child in her belly. The Sixth Princess, who should have stayed by You Yue’e’s side and comforted her, was making a fuss with a bunch of madams outside. She did not care if there was someone taking care of You Yue’e inside or if she felt sad.

Was the Sixth Princess really as close to King Yan’s Manor as the rumors said? Or did she have ulterior motives today…

Mo Xuetong’s words undoubtedly caused the “banquet” that the Sixth Princess had carefully prepared to fall all over her body. It could be said that Mo Xuetong’s appearance had turned her last shred of hope into dust. Mo Xuetong was not in the room. Why wasn’t Mo Xuetong in the room? How could Mo Xuetong not be in the room?

“Princess Caifeng, I’m really sorry. When I came out just now, I talked with my second cousin and felt a little better. Then I went out for a walk with her. I thought it was not a big deal, so I didn’t ask anyone to go back to tell you. I didn’t expect that everyone thought I was missing. I’m really sorry.”

Mo Xuetong explained to Princess Caifeng with a smile, as if she did not see the Sixth Princess’s gloomy face.

“Consort Xuan, you’re too polite. It’s good that you’re fine.” Princess Caifeng took a deep breath and smiled bitterly. She was a little relieved and did not dare to be angry with Mo Xuetong. Fortunately, there was no big scandal. She only hoped to send these people away so that she could clean up her manor.

“Marquise Mingguo, I wonder what you were talking about me in a loud voice just now. I heard that you were talking very lively earlier.” Princess Caifeng had a good manner and Mo Xuetong naturally smiled. However, she did not intend to let Ling Mingyan off the hook.

When she was outside just now, she had heard it clearly that Ling Mingyan had repeatedly said that she had eloped with someone. Even though the Sixth Princess who had tried to stir up trouble, according to Ling Mingyan’s tone, she was definitely determined to accuse her of having an affair with someone else. Mo Xuetong believed that she would not take the initiative to frame someone. However, if someone wanted to use her as a stepping stone, she would fight back.