Chapter 665

Chapter 665 The Hesitant Mo Huawen

There was a horse carriage parked at the back door of the Mo Manor, with the windows and door shaded with curtains. It stopped at the corner, and looked nothing unusual at first glance. It was just like the ordinary horse carriage parked in the lane. But the green cloth curtains slightly lifted from time to time, which indicated the anxious mood of the people inside.

The horse carriage had been parked at the back door for a long while. It parked here in the middle of the day and did not leave when the evening lights were lit, as if there was really no one inside. Mo Huawen had already received the message. He sat in the dark study after he heard the guard’s report…

When Xu Yan got the news and came, Mo Huawen had been sitting alone in the study for a long time. He stared blankly at the door of the study. The tea on the desk was cold without a trace of warmth. Through the light from the lanterns outside the room, one could see that the tea leaves were floating on the water. The man appeared lifeless. He looked at the tea in the cup. Mo Huawen did not know that there was another person in the study.

Xu Yan waved her hand, and all the young and old maidservants left. She asked the old maidservant to put the hamper at the door. She took a candle from a maidservant’s hand, stepped over the threshold with difficulty, and entered the study.

The swaying of the light woke up Mo Huawen, who was lost in thought. He raised his head and stared at the comer. After a while, he focused his attention and saw that it was Xu Yan, who was having a big belly in front of him. He quickly stood up, turned around the desk, took the candle from her hand, and inserted it on the candlestand.

The whole room was lit up by the candlelight!

“Old Sir, I’ve brought you food.” Xu Yan did not ask any questions when she saw Mo Huawen’s grave expression. She turned around with a smile and went to pick up the hamper that had been placed at the door.

“I’ll do it. You just sit.”

Mo Huawen stole a march on her and walked past her. He picked up the hamper and placed it on the desk.

“Old Sir, I have been waiting for you at Yanyu House for a long time, so I came with food. I was afraid that you would be too busy with your work and wouldn’t even have time to eat. It turns out that I guessed right. Old Sir, you should pay attention to your health. If you are tired and sick… What should I and the child in my belly do?”

Xu Yan said softly. She opened the hamper and carefully took out plates of food. She said in a casual manner, but after she finished her words, she seemed to be choked with sobs! However, there was still a faint gentle smile on her face, as if the moment of choking was just an illusion.

But her slightly ragged breathing and somewhat hoarse voice showed that Xu Yan was not in a calm mood.

Mo Huawen looked at her quietly. He reached out and pulled her to sit down on a chair beside him. His gaze landed on the swell of her belly. There was a new life there. It was his child, a completely innocent child who had not been devoured by desire or blinded by greed and would not make a vicious decision for personal gain.

“Is the child okay?” There was no sound for a long time. When he spoke again, his voice was a little hoarse.

“The child is very good. He moved for a while in the afternoon. When the doctor came to feel the pulse in the morning, he also said that the child is very good. Everything is fine, and he asked me not to worry, and to keep a good mood.” Xu Yan’s eyes also fell on her belly, and her mouth curved into a gentle smile.

The smile carried the maternal kindness!

This was her and Mo Huawen’s first child that she had been wanting for a long time. The child would be born soon, so how could Xu Yan not be happy? Mo Huawen was indeed a little old for her, but it did not prevent her from falling in love with him. He was still elegant when he was middle-aged.