Chapter 724

Chapter 724 Mo Xuetong Was Taken away and Missing

“After the incident last time, we investigated everyone in the manor and found that many people weren’t innocent… So Her Highness fired many servants. Later, Princess Royal fell ill and enjoyed peace and quiet, so we just let it be first. When Her Highness gets better, we will pick some servants to come in,” Nanny Qin explained with a worried look, but her words were noncommittal.

Mo Xuetong knew that she was referring to Ling Fengyan’s death. Even though it was said that it had nothing to do with Princess Royal in the end, was it true? Why did she hold that banquet? Why did she invite all the princes to attend it? Why wasn’t there anyone ask others when the incense was lit? Or perhaps there were other small matters that appeared suspicious. If Mo Xuetong came to think of it carefully, how could Princess Royal’s Manor really be innocent?

It was very convenient to send someone into a manor like Princess Royal’s where there was only a idle mistress. In the past, King Xuan’s Manor was full of spies from other manors!

The curtain was lifted high into the air. There was only a maidservant who stood at the inner room door and lifted the curtain. Mo Xuetong walked into the room, turned around the nine-fold screen with paintings of beautiful ladies, and then saw Princess Royal sitting quietly on bed. When the latter saw her coming in, she looked up. But she looked so old that Mo Xuetong could not help but widen her eyes. Was she really that beautiful and noble Princess Royal?

Her pale and thin face looked ill, and her long black hair was casually draped over her shoulders. It seemed that she had just gotten up from the bed, but her body was straight, and she still retained the image of an exalted princess.

“Your Highness, why are you up? I will help you lie down again. Her Lady is not an outsider, so you don’t have to make yourself tired.” Nanny Qin hurried forward to help Princess Royal.

Princess Royal shook her head and pushed her hand away with determination. Then she said in a hoarse voice, “Go and make two cups of tea. I’ll have something to say to Tong’er.”

“But, Your Highness…” Nanny Qin still wanted to say something, but was interrupted by Princess Royal. “Go. Watch the door after making tea. Don’t let anyone in!”

Mo Xuetong frowned secretly. The entire manor belonged to Princess Royal, and all the suspicious servants had been dismissed. Was there still anyone spying on her?

“Mo Ye, Mo Lan, you go out as well!” She waved at the two maidservants beside her. It was obvious that Princess Royal wanted to tell her something. Looking at Princess Royal, Mo Xuetong felt an inexplicable sadness. It was as if she had seen how her mother looked before she died. Looking at her from the side, Mo Xuetong found that Princess Royal really looked like her mother.

After all, they were genetic sisters. In the past, when Princess Royal appeared in front of others, she was always beautiful and dignified. However, in her memory, her mother had always been weak. Even though Princess Royal was still sitting upright, Mo Xuetong could sense her weakness and powerless. Then her nose twitched slightly.

At this point, Princess Royal aroused the softness and sadness in Mo Xuetong’s heart!

“My Lady, His Highness…” Mo Ye uttered.

“Don’t worry. I just have some private things to talk with Consort Xuan. It won’t take her long.” Princess Royal smiled gently, while looking at Mo Xuetong with complicated emotions in her eyes.

“Off you go!” It was not proper for Mo Xuetong to ask her people to stay here any longer since Princess Royal had said that.

Mo Ye and Mo Lan hesitated for a moment and had no choice but to retreat to the outer room.