Chapter 639

Chapter 639 He Yufen’s Letter From Jiangnan

Hu Qianyue was ill. Crown Prince Xieyue was very busy and the engagement was settled. King Ning, Feng Yuzhen was unwilling to come to the manor. Of course, the other princes would not come to the manor again for the sake of their reputation. As for Princess Caifeng, she was really depressed.

After arriving in the Qin Kingdom, she was always surrounded by the crowd, but now she found that there was no one around. How could Princess Caifeng not feel depressed? She originally wanted to go to the backyard to see Consort Xuan, but before her maidservant arrived at the backyard, she was stopped by Feng Yuran’s men.

“Consort Xuan doesn’t feel well. After visiting Miss Hu that day, she caught a cold. So she couldn’t accompany Princess Caifeng now. Please understand.” The person who spoke was very polite, but his attitude was not very good. He looked up at the sky and was disdainful of the maidservant sent by Princess Caifeng, which made the maidservant angry.

She suspected that King Xuan had ordered the man to provoke the bad-tempered Princess Caifeng.

However, this was King Xuan’s Manor, where the maidservant had no choice but to return after being angered. Then, she exaggerated embellishment to the story and told Princess Caifeng. However, she did not expect that Princess Caifeng, who had always been used to being domineering, would only reply weakly after she heard the maidservant’s reply. After that, the princess did not say anything else, and merely leaned against the chair dazedly.

Princess Caifeng was so listless and her maidservants had never seen her like this before. They always felt that it was the tranquility before the storm. As such, they did not dare to say a word and only served her carefully. They was afraid that she would lose her temper and vented her anger on them.

Compared to the depressed Princess Caifeng, Mo Xuetong was in a good mood.

She handed the red invitation card to Feng Yuran and said coyly, “Look, how’s the design of this invitation?”

Feng Yuran put down the files before he picked up the invitation that Mo Xuetong handed him and looked at it. There was a hint of interest in his eyes as there was a vivid painting of a peony on it, with some gold powder on the painting. It looked very luxurious and wealthy.

“Why do you want to get such an invitation?” Feng Yuran lifted his chin and held Mo Xuetong’s hand affectionately. He asked with a smile, “Do you want others to know that you’re actually a rich woman?”

Mo Xuetong had known that he would say that the design was too extravagant and too vulgar. Mo Xuetong’s face flushed and she glared at Feng Yuran viciously. Then, she snatched the invitation away and said, “So your invitations were good? Weren’t they just like mine? There were also peonies on them. How can it look dignified with it?”

There were still a few invitation cards that Feng Yuran designed in the past, and she had seen them. They were so gorgeous that they were not inferior to her design. After all, the peony was the king of flowers, which was the most beautiful and magnificent. Only the designs in the palace could reveal the nobility of the peony.

“Alright, alright. Tong’er’s design is always good.” Feng Yuran could not help smiling as he patted Mo Xuetong’s head.

“Really?” Mo Xuetong slapped Feng Yuran’s hand away. Her watery eyes lit up and she was happy again.

“Of course,” Feng Yuran replied and nodded.

“Well, I’ll go to the Peony Garden to have a look. If we’re really going to hold a feast, it’s appropriate to treat guests there!”