Chapter 609

Chapter 609 The Fight in the Harem, Consort Yu’s Going into Premature Labor

The next morning, Consort Zhao sent Emperor Zongwen away with deep affection. She even followed for a long while after Emperor Zongwen boarded the imperial carriage. It was only when she saw Emperor Zongwen at a distance into Qianqing Palace that she returned slowly with Caichun. Thinking of how much the Emperor had doted on her yesterday, she felt excited.

She had followed Emperor Zongwen back at a distance, partly to show that she was so devoted to the Emperor that she could hardly leave him, and partly to show it to the other concubines. She had been neglected for a while before, all because the Emperor did not come to Mingyue Palace.

After this matter, who would dare to look down on her?!

Therefore, she kept on sending him off!

Even though it was still early, there were plenty of people in the palace, who were secretly watching. There must be a lot of consorts who knew that the Emperor was still deeply in love with her. The Empress Dowager would also think highly of her. Furthermore, she had even heard from the Emperor that he had no intention of giving the throne to Feng Yuran. Such an important piece of news was enough to make her closer to her future position.

She was now wholeheartedly trying to help Feng Yuzhen ascend to the throne. She had mentioned the Empress Dowager many times when they held deep affection last night. She had said that the Empress Dowager was kind to the Emperor and was a good mother who really cared for him. However, she had not mentioned King Ning. Even though King Ning had not revealed his intentions directly, everyone could see that and knew that this was a taboo to the Emperor.

“Haste makes waste. I have to be more careful!”

Consort Zhao felt relieved, and the depression she felt of the past few days had been swept away. Not in a hurry to return to her palace, she ordered the palace maids that she would sit down in the nearby pavilion. It was good to admire the scenery of autumn morning. Although there was a heavy dew in autumn, there was fine gauze around the pavilion. She sat inside and would not get wet.

Because she was in a good mood, she did not feel that the outside was still dark. Sitting there, she asked Caichun to make a cup of tea for her and asked the palace maids to leave far away.

After that, it was daylight already with the first rays of the morning sun.

“Sister Zhao, you are really free. You came so early to drink tea and enjoy the scenery. I really envy you!” A laughter came from another path. Two palace maids held Consort Yu, who had a baby bump, and appeared at the end of the path. The pregnant woman had a smile in her eyes, suppressing a trace of jealousy in them.

She was now carrying the Emperor’s child and was the most enviable person in the palace. However, she said that she envied Consort Zhao while she deliberately showed her belly as if she couldn’t walk. She slowly walked with sarcasm on her face. If a woman in the imperial harem didn’t have a son, no matter how much she was favored, it was useless just like looking at the moon in the water. How much wealth and leisure could she expect?

Consort Yu was stabbing daggers at Consort Zhao’s heart!

If this had happened in the past, Consort Zhao would not have quibble with Consort Yu. She was a forbearing person. She had been in the imperial harem for more than 10 years, and she didn’t learn it in one year. However, a few days ago, when she had fallen out of favor, Consort Yu had sent two palace maids over to insult her. She claimed that since there were fewer servants in Mingyue Palace, Consort Zhao would lack servants to serve her in the future. She meant what had happened at the banquet.