Chapter 619

Chapter 619 Provoke Him, Feng Yuxuan’s Anger

Feng Yuxuan thought that his words were full of affection. Furthermore, this was also the truth. He had always wanted to tell those words to Mo Xuetong. He had hoped that she would be as gentle and shy as him when he said it in front of her. However, he did not expect Mo Xuetong to still look at him coldly and distantly.

There was no surprise, no shyness, not even fluctuation, as if she did not care about his excitement and joy at all. She was so calm that Feng Yuxuan had an impulse to break her calmness. How could that be? With his status and appearance, no woman had ever been so cold to him.

For no reason, there was a wave of annoyance surging in his heart.

“Many thanks for your kindness, King Chu. But I am now Consort Xuan and will be Consort Xuan in the future. I do not intend to give up my position to Princess Caifeng. Sorry to bother you, King Chu.” There was not a hint of warmth in the smile on Mo Xuetong’s lips. She ignored Feng Yuxuan’s words and curtsied to him again. She took two steps back and made way for him, signaling for him to leave first.

“You…” Feng Yuxuan did not expect Mo Xuetong to treat him in such a manner. The smile on his face slowly faded away, replaced by a hint of coldness. He took two steps forward and could not help but reach out to grab Mo Xuetong’s hand. However, Mo Xuetong took another two steps back and avoided his hand. She looked up with her watery eyes and her tone was cold.

“Your Highness King Chu, are you sure you want to hold your sister-in-law’s hand here?”

This was not a question. Even though her voice was still soft and slow, as if she was very gentle, her tone was cold and determined. Her words reminded Feng Yuxuan. He paused and stopped chasing after Mo Xuetong. They were in the imperial palace where many people came and went. No matter who saw this scene, it would not be good.

Although he was in an advantageous position now, he didn’t dare to mess around in the palace at this time, lest someone caught him.

It didn’t matter if he said a few words to Mo Xuetong, but if he really manhandled her, it would be inappropriate. He had chosen the road ahead, which was a little remote. However, he didn’t expect that it would be a little later when he ran into her even if he had measured the time. Although it was also secluded here, there was a main road not far ahead. Maybe someone would see them.

Even though he stopped chase after her, he did not make way for her. He could not help but land his eyes on Mo Xuetong. Ever since he saw this woman, she was the one he had been dreaming of. No matter whether it was the most beautiful woman Ling Fengyan or Ling Rui’er, she was the only woman in the capital, who had won his heart and become his dream. He seemed to have become more and more obsessed with her.

His eyes fell on her calm and slightly angry eyes. It seemed that no matter what expression she had on her face, she was always the most beautiful woman in his heart. She was extremely beautiful, and even her cold and angry eyes were full of charm. He just didn’t understand why she suddenly became angry when they talked peacefully just now.

Looking at her face, which was as delicate as a flower, he suddenly had an idea. His face softened and with a gentle smile, he asked, “Don’t you want to be a second consort?”

Just now, he said that he would give her a title and become the second consort in his manor. Could it be that she was unwilling to accept that position? It made sense. She was Feng Yuran’s first consort, and would feel bad to become his second consort. Furthermore, he heard that his eighth brother loved her very much, and only doted on her among all the women in the back courtyard. So she would not be happy to have someone above her!