Chapter 624

Chapter 624 Poison, so What if She Was Disabled?

“Consort Xuan, you are so polite. Her Majesty has already given it to you. Do you want Her Majesty to take it back?” Princess Caifeng was watching Mo Xuetong’s behavior closely. When she saw that Mo Xuetong was still refusing, she decided to use the Empress Dowager’s name to suppress her. Even though it was given in her name, it was indeed a gift from the Empress Dowager, so Mo Xuetong did not have any reason to refuse.

Mo Xuetong could only stand up and said respectfully to the Empress Dowager, “Many thanks for the reward, My Majesty!”

“There’s no need to be so polite!” the Empress Dowager said with a smile.

Mo Xuetong sat down again, but Princess Caifeng came over and said to her with a warm smile, “Consort Xuan, this bracelet is really beautiful. You should open it and have a look. I’ll help you put it on.”

As she spoke, she was about to open the box!

The box was facing Mo Xuetong’s face!

Feng Yuran’s lazy expression immediately turned sharp. He stared at the box with his pretty eyes and slowly looked at Princess Caifeng’s face. His eyes were filled with viciousness and bloodlust. He picked up a small teacup by the table and fiddled with it as if he did not mean anything.

Qin Yufeng’s expression also changed as he immediately understood Princess Caifeng’s intentions.

He knew the truth. There was a detailed record in the book that Crown Prince Xieyue lent him. The South Pearl necklace was indeed made of the best South Pearls, but when it was made, some medicine was added to the South Pearls. The Southern Barbarian Lands had a special method to make poison, and the medicine on the South Pearl necklace was the essence at that time.

No matter how many years the South Pearl had been locked in this jewelry box, it would be fine. But if the box was opened, the mixture of the medicine on the South Pearls and the air would slowly produce an incurable poison. No matter who touched this poison, they would die. Within 24 hours, they would definitely die and there was no antidote.

Even if a man touched it slightly, it would also flow into his blood vessels through his skin.

“Your Highness, no, I’ll look at it later.” Mo Xuetong placed her hand on Princess Caifeng’s and looked at the people around her awkwardly. It was okay to take out the accessory that was given and put it on. However, since there were so many people present, it was impolite. Furthermore, one of them was a princess and the other was a prince’s wife. How could they try to wear them on the spot like those petty people?

Seeing Princess Caifeng acted like this, the Empress Dowager could not be happy at all. If not for the loss of the child of Consort Yu and the loss of her secret pawn, she would not have allowed Feng Yuzhen to marry such a petty woman. She could not help but frown as she wondered if the Southern Barbarian Lands’ palace had already been so poor that their noble princess looked as if she had not seen many good things.

“My Lady, our princess wants to put it on for you in such a hurry because of your extraordinary appearance. You will definitely be more beautiful if you wear it. My Lady, please wear it and satisfy our princess’s wishes.” At this time, Hu Qianyue had no choice but to come out to help Princess Caifeng. Since Princess Caifeng had lost her etiquette, as the daughter of an official, she had to help her out. Actually, she also hated herself in her heart. “Why did I listen to Princess Caifeng and enter the palace with her back then?”

But now that things had come to this point, she had no choice but to help Princess Caifeng!

Hu Qianyue was glad that the poison would not take effect on the spot, and it was invisible. Besides, no one in the Qin Kingdom knew the poison so well!