Chapter 652

Chapter 652 The Failure of the Sixth Princess’s Conspiracy

“Tell me, when did Her Lady ask you to guide the Sixth Princess here?” Mo Lan stepped forward and gently asked the two maidservants who were kneeling on the side.

“Just, just when the Sixth Princess came in.” The tall maidservant knelt on the ground, her body trembling, and she didn’t dare to lift her head. She was obviously terrified of Mo Xuetong.

“What was Her Lady doing at the time?” Mo Lan asked with a calm smile.

“Her Lady… Her Lady sat there and enjoyed the flowers.” The tall maidservant thought about it and gritted her teeth. At this time, she couldn’t retreat. When she came, the nanny had made it clear that if the plan was successful, all her family members could get rid of their servant status, so she could only continue to frame Consort Xuan now. Anyway, she could only be admiring the flowers in the garden at that time.

“Oh, I see. This is how it happened: My Lady was admiring the flowers and you were waiting on her when she saw the Sixth Princess coming in. She asked you to tell the palace maid of the Sixth Princess that the scenery there was better. After you told them, you came back to wait on My Lady again!”

Mo Lan looked at the two maidservants, the corners of her lips lifted, and asked generously. She had summarized the matter logically.

This was what the palace maid said just now, but it was not as clear as what she said. She seemed to be completely an outsider. When talking about this matter, she did not add anything or reduce anything. She looked calm and composed, which made people feel convinced. The ladies looked at Mo Lan, showing some appreciation.

It was really rare for such a maidservant, who was not arrogant or impatient, to not panic in the face of a big deal.

“Yes, yes, that’s it.” The two maidservants nodded vigorously and consciously relieved. The scene was so stern that the two maidservants were almost speechless. Now that someone helped them say what they should say, they certainly nodded and recognized.

Duchess Ding looked at his daughter who hadn’t spoken until now, and frowned slightly, but didn’t say anything. It was rare that her daughter was so calm. It seemed that she still had her next move. Besides, it was Mingguo Manor, and it was not proper for her to intervene.

Duchess Mingguo had a headache because of the incident involving Consort Xuan and the Sixth Princess. It was impossible to investigate it for a moment even though she wanted to. Seeing that the people around Consort Xuan took the matter over, she stood idly by, watching the event unfold.

The Old Madam in the Fu General Manor was ancient. Seeing Mo Xuetong sitting there calmly, she didn’t rush and waited.

Ping General’s wife smiled, and others couldn’t see her emotions.

You Yuecheng felt a kind of uneasy instinct. He cast a glance at Ling Mingyan, who was extremely quiet today, and a deep shadow flashed across his eyes. Ling Mingyan was easy to rise to the bait. According to her behavior in the past, she should have boiled with indignation and confronted Mo Xuetong. It would be totally different from how she behaved now. Although she was angry, she didn’t lose her temper and just looked at the Sixth Princess with cold eyes.

Something had made Ling Mingyan calm down. It… was not something good!

“Sixth Princess, did you see me at that time?” Mo Xuetong stretched out her hand to signal Mo Lan and Mo Yu, asking them to step back. She turned to look at the Sixth Princess. At this time, another palace maid of the Sixth Princess had also come. The Sixth Princess looked up and her eyes were filled with sadness, as if secretly wiping away the tears on her face, but in fact she felt a little bad, and an uneasy emotion came over her heart.